Chapter 21

The last three days have been the longest of my life. Zack has been sleeping since his injury. Jeremiah keeps assuring me that he will wake up but I can't help but worry that he won't. I thought angels were supposed to be able to heal quickly. Jeremiah said that there are too many uncertainties with my powers and how they affect them. He brought different healers in and so far nobody has been able to help.

I keep seeing the moment I struck him and then the moment he collapsed and all the light faded out of his eyes. It just keeps replaying in my mind torturing me. Even my dreams have been restless. I've tried reaching out to him with no luck.

The first day nobody bothered me but the second day Liam tried to get me to go to the training field and I threw the vase from the side table at him. They haven't bothered me since. I haven't been able to let Zack out of my sight. I'm worried that if I do something horrible will happen.

"Okay girly! Time to get up. Zack wouldn't want you mopeing around like this. I'm sure he will get up soon and be fine, dandy, and back to his boring sexy self in no time." Claire said pulling on my arm. I'm not even sure when she entered the room but her nagging is getting old quick.

"Easy for you to say, Claire. You didn't almost kill someone."

"Come on couples have fights and they get over them. Just think of this as your first fight. When he wakes up

you can have awesome make up sex." Claire declared beaming. I know that she's trying to help but all that she is doing is making me more depressed.

"Claire, it wasn't a fight. I hurt him in training. I should have left before he riled me up too much. I'm so scared of myself now. If I can do this type of damage without trying, I could possibly kill him next time. I can't let this happen. I've been thinking about leaving. It would be the best for everyone if I do."

"Okaay, I'll pack my bags and we can go. It shouldn't take too long." Claire said with a smile.

"I'm not talking about going with you Claire. You should stay here. I'm going to go far away from everyone I care about. I think that is the safest thing for everyone." Now that I know the type of damage I am capable of I know that it's the right thing to do. It's going to be hard to leave but I've always felt that I was meant to be alone anyway. I reach out to touch Zacks hand again and Claire tackles me from my seat.

"Don't you dare talk like that. Are you crazy? You wouldn't be helping anything by leaving. Everyone is depending on you more than you realize. Lily, I have nobody left but you. Please don't go. If you go, I'll just follow!" I have never seen Claire so sad or serious before. She was screaming everything into my face while pummeling me in the arms. I think I broke my smart, witty, strong, Claire.

"See this is even more reason for me to leave. I hurt people physically and emotionally even when I'm not trying to." I try to tell her while pushing her off.

"I don't know what's going on here but nobody is going anywhere." Jeremeiah would come in to here my plan. Damn it!

"I don't think there is anyone here that can stop me." I say staring him in the eyes and challenging him.

"Look quit being a cry baby and get over yourself. Sheesh you would think you were the one in a coma. I hate to tell you this but everything isn't about you. Besides nobody is going anywhere. We have a guest that will be here shortly and I heard that he is not happy." Jeremiah said with frustration.

"I'm not up for visitors. I'm leaving." I say heading to the door.

"See...again I think you aren't getting the point. The visitor that is coming is never denied what he wants. Gabriel has gotten word of what happened between you and Zack and he is seething. He's probably headed here to kill you and finish off Zack. So it's in yours and his best interest if you sit your ass down and wait."

I couldn't do anything but collapse in the seat by Zack's bed. What am I going to do now?