Chapter 23

I don't know if it was the shock of seeing him standing there or the fear of it finally being over that caused me to pass out but of course I had passed out again. I'm not really sure how long I had been out but before I could really open my eyes I could hear muffled voices. I'm contemplating laying here and listening a little longer but I'm sure that they will realize that I'm faking and that will only make things worse. Time for me to put my big girl panties on and face the music.

" What the hell happened? Where's Zack?" I exclaim as I bolt up out of the chair. Apparently someone had moved me from my spot on the floor. I look around quickly to see who is in the room with me and see a sheepish looking Zack and a very pissed off looking Gabriel.

"Hey are you okay?" Zack says while moving towards me.

"I'm fine. How are you awake? Are you okay? Does anything hurt?" I shoot out quickly while racing to his side to access him.

"Well it appears everyone is okay. We need to talk and figure out our next step. I can't believe you guys let things get so out of hand down here. I'm too busy to have to come here because you can't get shit straight." Gabriel said.

I'm really starting to dislike this guy. I really wish he would just go home. Things are stressful enough without him piping in every few minutes with his grumpy attitude.

Zack walks toward Gabriel with his look that I've seen before. The look that he uses when he is trying to deescalate things. I hate to break it to him but I don't think it's going to work on grumpy pants. "Gabriel I didn't call you because we have things under control. I've been researching and I think that we may be able to stop Azael." He said.

" So you call being in a coma having things under control. Zack I've already told you that this is too important for you to mess up. I can't have you leaving me in the dark because you have a crush. I'm tempted to end this abomination right now!" He says as he threateningly approaches me.

I begin to back away without realizing it. I'm determined to be brave but I can't help but shrink away from him. He radiates a power that scares me. How can he be considered the good guy when everything about him screams run?

" Stop! I can't let you do that Gabriel. I told you it's not a silly crush. I also told you that if you must punish someone for what was done then I would take that punishment but you will under no circumstances touch her." Zack says as he jumps between us.

I'm really thinking that this is going to escalate quickly. Zack looks angrier than I have ever seen him before but I'm not sure he can hold his own agains Gabriel.

"Hey! There you are hottie! I've been looking everywhere for you. So....You ready for that massage yet?" I look to the door, where the voice is coming from and of course there is Claire. She sure knows how and when to make a memorable entrance. Gabriel begins to back away from her like she has the plague. I'm not sure whether I should life or cry.

"Keep that thing away from me! I thought I told Jeremiah to get rid of her?" He says from the corner.

"Kay, not that there is anything wrong with it. But I'm starting to think that I may not be hotties type." Claire says while making motions to show what she thinks would be more his type.

"I don't have a type. I don't do romance. I'm busy doing what I was created to do. Keep heaven and Earth safe." He yells at Claire.

"Oh i see. That means he needs to get laid. He's sexually frustrated. That explains everything.....I could help you with that." She says as she approaches him even more determined than before.

"Get her out!" Gabriel's voice caused the room to shake.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! sheesh I can take a hint. I'll leave but if you change your mind I'm sure you can find me." She says biting her lip and giving him seductive eyes as she exits the room.

"Is that what she did to you? Is that why you did it?" Gabriel asks pointing at me.

"No. Gabriel I told you that there was something special about Lily. I've known it since she was born. I've been drawn to her. I tried to keep my distance I really did but It was like I didn't have a choice. Look if it helps I'll promise not to have a relationship with her. Just promise that you won't hurt her. She's making progress and I think she is the key to defeating her father for good." Gabriel says.

"Well hello. I'm right here. Don't either of you think that I should have a say in how my life goes. I mean my father, and now you and Gabriel. What is it with you men. You think that you can just push me around and tell me what to do? I'm a living breathing person just like you. Maybe you should all realize that instead of thinking of me as an object." I tell them both.

They both stare at me like I've grown another head and don't respond. That's about the last straw for me and I storm out of the room.