Chapter 25

"And for once
Bravery looked
A lot like
Running away."

-Kat Savage

Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself and the ones around you is to just leave. I know deep down that I will be able to make this right. I don't want anyone getting hurt because of me and my crazy father.

I knew that it would be a risk to try to sneak through the house so I just hopped out the top window. It was a rush to feel the night air on my skin as I made my way through the estate and towards the garage. Honestly, you would think with all the security that they had set up here they would take more precautions with their vehicles....Nope they were all parked in the garage with the keys in the ignition. I opted to take the little black Kia parked in the car. It wasn't too flashy and probably would draw less attention to me.

My heart was beating in my chest as I made my way out the drive and toward the horizon. I know that this is either a new beginning or the end. My plan is to not stop until I'm a couple hours away. Hopefully I can find a small hotel somewhere for the night and then I can work on my plan better and contact my dad. The sooner I get this over with, the better.

5 hours later

"I need a single bed room please." I tell the front desk clerk.

"You're in luck. We have one left. Most people check in earlier in the day." He tells me as he looks at his computer. I don't know if it's just my nerves being on edge or what but this guy kind of gives me the creeps the way he looks at me over his computer.

"Yeah. I know but I need the room. How much is it?" I impatiently ask him.

"Sure. It will be $85.00. Are you paying with cash or card. I do have to tell you that if you are paying with cash, we still need a card to put on file." He says with a smile.

I quickly look at his name tag, "Look Tim, I don't have a card can you please just make an exception this time. You will hardly even know I'm here." I tell him while flashing a smile to try to warm him up.

After a few minutes of flirting, I was able to pay with cash,and get my room key. Of course, I used a false name. I'm not crazy. I have too many people looking for me and I'm not about to send out a red flag with my bank card or booking a room in my name. Within a few minutes, I reach my room and take my bags inside. It's time that I get comfortable and have a much needed meeting with dear old dad.

After an hour lying in bed I finally am about to give up on trying to reach him when I see something move in the corner of the room. "Well hello dear. I've been waiting for you to come see me. Where's that asshole that you have taken a liking to?" He says while looking around the room

A smile lights his face once he realizes that I'm alone. "Well lookey here. Are you alone? Finally got tired of his goody two shoes huh?" He asks.

I really am struggling not to wipe that smirk off his face. He really knows how to push my buttons. He used to scare me but now jut hearing his voice is irritating me. "He's getting me something to eat. What's wrong it looks like it upset you that I'm not alone. Could it be that you are afraid of Zack?" I ask him trying to push his buttons too.

"You really have a sense of humor huh? I'm not scared of that loyal lap dog anymore than you are. I was just seeing if you had finally come to your senses and were ready to come and take your place so that we could finally end this charade." He sneers.

Wow that really did push a button. "Come to my senses? You call me going to you and becoming a baby making machine for your army to destroy the earth coming to my senses? You really are more demented than I thought. I'm ready to get this over with. I just want to go back to my normal life and was wondering if we could work something out. Look I really would rather meet in person so that we can discuss this. Give me a place and time and we can figure out something that can make us both happy." I tell him.

"Darling this will never be over until you give me what I want. But it looks like you might be already fulfilling my plan?" He says with an evil smirk while looking me up and down.

"What are you talking about. I'm nowhere near helping you with your plan?" I ask him. Maybe he's trying to confuse me.

"Oh yes you are daughter. It seems you already have one in the oven. I mean I'm a little disappointed in the father choice but most grandfathers are. It doesn't matter who the father is, It will still serve my plan well." He says with a smile.

"You're crazy. I would know if I was pregnant and if I was I sure as hell wouldn't let you anywhere near me or my baby." I yell at him.

"Oh but dear you already have. You see Zack must have failed to mention to you that when you reach out to me I can track you. I know your exact location and soon you will be mine!" He happily declares.

I hurry up and cut our connection and almost jump out my clothes when there is a knock on the door.