Sunset

It was a beautiful evening. The deep sapphire of the sky from above meeting the ruby glow of the sun was mesmerising. Anyone would stop in their tracks to gawk at it. 

"Beautiful sunset isn't it Liam?" asked Sherlock. 

"Yeah, I agree.." William answered him. 

The two men had reunited in Switzerland after 3 months, and now stayed at a cottage in the Swiss countryside. William sat side by side with the detective on a wooden bench outside their cottage, his hand on Sherlock's. The pair had been trying to remain undercover ever since their staged deaths. 

Both of them had gone through so much, anyone would agree that they deserved some peace in their lives.

"Say, Sherlock. Why did you go through all that trouble for me? You left your old life behind. You've lost your friend John, Ms Hudson, even your job. Why?" enquired William. 

He'd always wanted to know why Sherlock even jumped to his death with him. Why he cared so much for someone like William, who just used others as pawns for his master plan. Truth to be told, William never wanted to ask Sherlock because he knew what the raven haired man would say. Because, Liam, you're my friend. And that hurt William more than anything. Not that he minded being Sherlock's friend, but because he wanted to be someone more than a friend to Sherlock. To be someone who was with Sherlock till the end; to understand him to an extent that no one ever will; to see him in his most vulnerable state. He'd always been jealous of John for that. But he never showed it, knowing it would hinder his plan. Now his curiosity got the better of him. He had to ask. 

Sherlock turned to face William and squeezed his hand. "William. You want to know why I've risked everything? It's simple. It's for you. You're the only person who understands me; the only other man who has an intelligence level equal to mine. You know what was the happiest moment of my life? When I saw a man calculating the golden ratio of a spiral staircase, the same man who spat facts about me, only seconds after he'd met me. During that Jefferson Hope case, I felt like I was pushed to my limits, something which I'd never  felt before. Of course I would want to get to know such a man. When we had lunch at the Durham University, we talked like old partners who'd known each other for years. And Liam.. the moment you asked me to kill you, I felt so broken. I'm glad that I jumped with you because, we're both alive now. And guess what? I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm glad to be here with you, at this moment." Sherlock answered and grinned.

"Wow, Sherly. I didn't know you could be this sappy. But thank you, I appreciate everything you've done for me" William said, smiling. 

It had been years since he genuinely smiled like this. And the fact that it was Sherlock who made him feel like this, he felt even happier. It also dawned on him that Sherlock never once used the word 'friend' in his response. Sherlock pulled him into a hug, and William reciprocated it.

 Maybe, another world wasn't required to be with the detective. The crime lord would soon find himself falling for the detective no matter the world they lived in.

*****

Aaand that was the second one. Hope you liked it! Don't forget to leave a vote!