Fireworks

Sherlock sat with his back to a tree with a relaxed, blissful look on his face. He was humming a random tune, enjoying the warmth of the pleasant spring. Nearby sat John, who's growing anger seemed to get the better of him.

"For gods' sake Sherlock, would you QUIT HUMMING! I'm trying to STUDY HERE FOR THE PAST 20 MINUTES!"  he exclaimed. Sherlock, as usual, sat unfazed. "Jeez, John. Won't you let me be happy even for sometime?"  he joked.

"You won't even tell me what's gotten you over the moon.."  John complained.

"Alright, alright. I'll tell you. Guess what? William agreed to go out with me today! I'm so happy I want to hug the life out of someone.."  Sherlock said dreamily. John just facepalmed. "Well, I'm happy for you Sherlock. But you better let me study before I kick the life out of you. Got it?!"  he half-shouted. "Okay, okay!"  Sherlock said, throwing his hands up in the air in surrender.

That evening, John did not walk with Sherlock to his home from school. Guess I really did annoy him huh, he thought. He swung his hands back and forth, thinking about the place where he decided to take his William. A fireworks show, he thought. He'd always liked the blonde, but only recently gathered the courage to ask him. It worked, which was all that mattered. After sometime, he reached his apartment. He was an orphan, so he lived alone in the apartment that was given to him by a kind woman - Ms Hudson.

"Ms Hudson I'm homeeee~"  Sherlock shouted. "Why are you shouting like that Holmes! I swear if you do that again I'm gonna have to kick you out."  Ms Hudson said, glaring. "Aw, but you were supposed to say Welcome home, honey! Dinner's ready!" Sherlock joked, smirking. By now Ms Hudson had enough. The sight of her taking the rolling pin was enough to make Sherlock run to his apartment, 221B. Why did no one understand his happiness? Anyone would behave like this if William agreed to go out with them, right? 

Time passed, and it was 8:00 pm. Sherlock got ready to meet William near their school. He took a bus and reached there soon enough. William was already there, waiting. The raven haired boy ran to him, waving his hand. William caught his eye, and waved back smiling. "Hey, Sherlock, where are we going?"  the blonde asked, curiously. How cute, Sherlock thought. "Not telling, it's a surprise!"  Sherlock answered back, grinning. The two walked for sometime, with William slowly reaching his hand out to Sherlock's, holding it. When the Sherlock looked at him, the blonde just smiled. 

"Uhm, we're here Liam."  Sherlock said after some time, pointing to a park. A lot of people had settled in already, picnic blankets spread about here and there. Ms Hudson had given him a picnic blanket and some snacks too of course. They spread it out and settled down comfortably. William held Sherlock's hand again. They talked for sometime, about school, teachers and their friends. Then the clock struck 9, and the fireworks show began. Beautiful fireworks decorated the deep blue sky in beautiful patterns. The look on William's face was priceless. His eyes widened a little, his mouth forming a small 'o'. Sherlock put his arm around the blonde, admiring his features illuminated by the fireworks. He looked handsome. 

Soon, the show was over and they had their dinner. Ms Hudson's sandwiches - truly a good way to end a date. Before leaving for their respective homes, William took Sherlock's hand saying, "Today was good. Next time, I hope to take you somewhere Sherly."  Sherlock was more than happy to oblige. The date he planned was indeed, a success.

******

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote! Also, does anybody watch Bungou Stray Dogs here??