Chapter 21

Johnny

I enter my dorm room, thankful that me roommate is nowhere to be seen. I set my laptop down on my desk and open it. I immediately open my email and compose a new one to Ace.

Ace,
I am not sure how to say this, but I have a friend that I'm curious about. Her name is Amee Woods. I have two friends actually, the other being Katherine Silver. Anyway, she never talks about her past, but I have seen some similarities between her and my mother and I really want to know where she comes from. She is an orphan and had been applied to the Stonegate Orphanage around the age of thirteen. I would really appreciate it if I could get your help.

Before I can even make a proper ending, I send the email. I sit back and push my sleeves up to my elbows. Guilt rushes through me and I curse.

"Why did I just do that?" I ask myself. This is Amee! There most be a serious reason why she never mentions her parents. She should have the right to talk or not talk about her parents. If she ends up not being my sister than I have stepped over a massive line.

I'm about to close my laptop but I hear a notification noise go off and I look at the screen to see that Ace has started a conversation with me.

Have you looked at that file I sent you?

I stare at his question for a really long time. Is there something on that file that is connected with Amee? How would he know that I didn't look at the file just by me sending him that email? I lean forward and type my reply.

Not yet

Is there a reason?

I just don't know if I want to

I think you should really look at it. It'll
answer most, if not all, your questions.
I'll look into the email that you just sent

I stare at his reply. Would anyone be able to understand that that's why I don't want to look at it? I move the arrow towards the file with Jenny's name on it. I double click. It opens into a document with pictures and text. The first picture is of an older woman around her 50's or maybe even 60's walking from a grocery store, carrying a bag of groceries. My heart drops when I read the text next to the picture confirming that it is my mother. At age 46 she is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict living in Wyoming, Soribus with a man named Michelangelo Anderson, who is also a recovering drug and alcohol addict. The next picture is of a skinny- no other word to describe him- ugly, man who I can tell isn't as old as he looks.

I look away from the screen, finding it difficult to breath. I had imagined the worse thing that could possibly happen, thinking that maybe if I thought of it, it wouldn't be true. I swallow a lump in my throat and continue with the document.

The next picture is one of a messy manufactured home that has the address in a text next to the picture. The last picture is of a gravestone.

I take off my glasses and pinch the bridge of my nose. I realize now how much I had relying on Jenny. I can't even remember anything about her. A deep feeling of being a failure settles in my heart. I know that it would've been my father's last wish to see that Jenny and I were reunited.

I sniff and look back at the screen. Jenny Barlow passed away at the age eight by pneumonia and was buried in the Shadowfen Cemetery with a private funeral. My hometown. How was it that she was buried in my hometown before our father was killed and neither of us knew it? Or did Dad know it and just never told me? I inhale a deep breath when I realize that both Jenny and Dad are buried in the same cemetery in my hometown.

That seems to give me the strength to continue reading. My mother has two other children after Jenny had passed away, two boys at ages thirteen and ten.

"Brothers," I say to myself. I've got brothers. Do they have abilities like me?

A/N:

Aaand that's Johnny's Chapter! Aren't you guys excited?! You're getting deeper and deeper into Johnny's past!

Did you expect that to happen to Jenny?

Did you expect Johnny to have two other siblings?