Chapter 81

Jesse

The woman stands before us, her brown hair doesn't reach past her shoulders and her golden-brown eyes dart between all three of us before landing on me. I suppose I am the biggest threat to her right now, but would I be able to shoot her if she tried anything? She's a middle-aged woman but she moves with experience and agility.

As if Raevon can sense that I wouldn't be able to shoot the woman, she kneels on the bed and stretches to reach her hand underneath one of the pillows and grabs a Korth Combat. It ticks me off and yet at the same time makes me relieved that I won't be the one to shoot her if it came to that.

The bullet that hit Raevon went straight through her shoulder and blood continues to spill out of the wound, but she uses her arm as if she doesn't feel any pain, which is impossible without aid, considering I got shot in the shoulder as well.

She tosses the gun to her unwounded arm and aims it at the woman.

"One of your sons are in the recent group of Deviants?" Raevon asks. The woman is a lot more precautious now that Raevon is the one aiming the gun. Johnny looks back and forth between the two women.

"Seriously?" He says, before looking at the woman. "Who is it?" He asks. She doesn't answer.

"We're trying to save them," I say to her. She doesn't show any sign of emotion. Not until Raevon speaks.

"How the hell did you find this place?" She cocks the gun, and her finger is on the trigger.

"I tagged you," she finally says. I watch Raevon's hand, which I can tell is itching to pull the trigger. I put the safety on my gun on and turn to Raevon.

"Raevon," I say warningly. She doesn't look at me, but I don't care. "She can help us." I see a look cross her face, but it disappears, and she relaxes her arm, letting it down by her side.

"Remove the tracker from me and I'll explain everything to you," Raevon says to the woman. She seems skeptical. Johnny steps towards her and hands her the knife, holding it by the blade. She slowly reaches out and takes it. She puts it in the sheath on her belt and walks towards Raevon, pulling her phone from her pocket. Raevon watches her do something on the screen until she finally steps back, looking satisfied. The woman puts her phone away.

"My name is Clarissa Terry. I had given up a normal life with my son to make sure I.O.E. didn't get a hold of him. I had to watch from a distance while he was raised in an orphanage," she says. Both Johnny and I realize at the same time.

"You're Clint's mom?" Johnny asks. She nods her head. She looks at Raevon with fiery.

"You put him on I.O.E.'s radar," she snaps. Raevon seems to be indifferent.

"Him and thousands of others. Big deal," she says. She walks away and all we are left with is to follow her. She leads us to her office where she had land out level plans of the Montana base that she drew herself. "The new group is on level 0C, but Clint's the least of my worries. We need to get them all out of there before Amee is interrogated. With Amee's spirit, she won't survive it."

"Clint's ability is too dangerous for them to find out what it is," Clarissa says.

"What's his ability?" Johnny and I ask.

"It's time manipulation. But they cannot extract that from him because they will abuse it." Raevon doesn't seem surprised at all.

"It's true on that part. But Jacob believes he has all the time in the world with these guys, he isn't going to rush an Extraction," Raevon says.