Chapter 25

Raevon

Everything on the sides are blurs that speed by as if I am in a car. Only one thing is in my line of sight. The pain in my side makes it almost impossible to breath. He turns the corner but I'm not far behind. An immense feeling of satisfaction comes over to me when I see that his path is blocked by a brick wall. I smile as he turns to me, but then I find myself confused. He is the one that smiles than. A knowing smirk, actually. He is unbelievably tall at six and a half feet. He looks around the age of fifty, and his blond hair is combed back neatly. His shattered glass, gray eyes seem to stare into my soul. One long scar cuts through his left eye from near his hairline to his cheekbone.

"You're Dean Curtis," I say, though I don't know how I know. He gives me a calm smile. It's bone-chilling by how kind and sincere it seems.

"Come on, Knight," he says, "you know that there is no such person as Dean Curtis."

I gasp, sitting straight up from my bed, sweating from the rush the dream gave me. It takes me a moment to calm my breathing and actually register where I am. Amee sleeps soundly in her bed that's across from mine. I check the time, seeing that it isn't even twelve yet. I quietly stand and make my way to the bathroom. Dean Curtis? I only heard his name once and that was from Johnny earlier today. Why would I be chasing him in my dreams? I wouldn't chase anyone who wasn't worth my time. There must be a reason I was after him and I've discovered long ago not to ignore my dreams.

***

It being a Saturday, The Sin is packed with customers, the line to the entrance way still going around the corner of the building. Remembering what Johnny said about Curtis being a drug lord, The Sin was the most obvious place to look. When I had researched Stonegate before coming here, The Sin strip club was the magnet for high class drug lords.

I grip the side of the golden, floor length dress that I wear. The kind of dresses that I like to call red-carpet dresses. Wrapped up in a white mink coat for warmth, I pass the entire line and walk up to the bouncer that stands at the entrance with a clipboard in his hands. His eyes scan me up and down, but I don't mind. I have a thick layer of dark make-up on, making me look almost twice my age, and a blonde wig over my ash brown hair, as to not let people connect me with May Eve as easily. I continue walking to him until I'm only a foot away.

"Is Dean in?" I ask in a husky voice. The bouncer raises both his eyebrows, no longer looking as intimidating with his surprised look.

"Dean Curtis?" He asked.

"That's the one," I say with a side smile.

"May I ask for your name?" He says as he flips a few pages on the clipboard.

"Just tell him that I'm a gift from a special friend," I say, stepping around him, gently brushing my fingers across his chest. I know that he doesn't dare stop me. Not that I mentioned the name Dean Curtis. As I walk into the building, I hear him describe me into his earpiece, telling the people on the top floor to expect me.

A red hue falls over everything and I slip my mink coat off, revealing my shoulders and back, and toss it to the coat checker before walking into the red level of the nightclub. The music makes impossible to hear anything, but over all the red bodies dancing, I squeeze my way through to the white elevator doors. When I reach there, I read the bouncer's lips that attends to the elevator, "I see her." He pushes a button on the elevator before I stop in front of him. I don't say anything, and neither does he. There'd be no point as we couldn't hear each other anyway.

When the elevator doors open, he nods his head and motions to the bright white elevator room. I smile at him a step inside. In here the sparkling gold of my dress can properly be seen. The elevator doors close and my heart begins to pound. But not from fear, from excitement. Jacob wouldn't like it if he knew where I was, but if I had told him ahead of time, I know he would've figured a way to stop me. But I know I should let someone know where I am, in case anything happens. But Desmond wouldn't like it at all if he knew what I was doing and I didn't have a partner to back me up. But I haven't even been assigned a partner yet. Who needs a partner for what I do? Everyone my age is already out in the field. I'm the only person that's 20, that's still doing menial assignments. I've had so much training that if I can't bring in a simple drug lord then I am not ready for field work.