Chapter 61

Clint

We meet in the football field where the juniors in college play against an opposing team. We purposely choose to stand away from the large crowd, so we don't have so many ears listening. Clarity is the first one to get straight to the point.

"What happened? What do the punctures mean? Why are they doing it?" She asks.

"She got away before much could happen. But she is definitely an expert fighter. She knocked Shad out the first thing," I say.

"She? It's a 'she'?" Gracie asks. I nod my head.

"Nah, I don't think so," Shad says. I look at him, slightly annoyed.

"What do you know? You were knocked out the whole time," I say.

"That proves my point. No 'she' would've been able to knock me out like that," he says.

"Well, I'm sorry to say that it was a 'she', and she did knock you out," I say.

"Not that I'm questioning you," Irene says, "but how are you so sure that it was a girl?"

"Because... I made out with her," I say with a shrug.

"You made out with her?!" They all say at the same time, Irene with suspicion, Clarity with excitement, Gracie with clear jealousy, Shad with extreme doubt.

"Actually, she made out with me, but," I shrug a shoulder again, "I didn't stop her." I glance at Shad as he raises his brow.

"What if you just kissed a small, really skinny boy? I mean look at Clarity. She could pass for a thirteen-year-old boy," then after she hits him in the diaphragm, he adds, "if she wanted to." I glare at him, shaking my head at his idiocy.

"Would it make you feel better to know that you were beaten up by a thirteen-year-old boy?" I snap. He pauses.

"A middle-aged woman. Who works out. I'll accept that," he says. I roll my eyes and look away as Irene starts to speak.

"Didn't you get a look at her face?" She asks me.

"It was completely dark," I say.

"Do you think she'll still attempt to do whatever she's doing?" Clarity asks. Both Shad and I shrug our shoulders.

"She won't be going to seventeen B again, that's for sure," Shad says.

"Do you think she goes to this college?" Irene asks. We all start to look around at the female students around us. I know roughly her height compared to mine, and I remember the smell of rain that she brought in with her. It had a touch of familiarity to it, but I can't place my finger on it. And I'm not sure how we'll ever be able to catch her. There is one thing that I failed to mention to everyone else. She definitely has an ability. Where does that come into play? The only people I know of that has an ability is Gracie and I. And possibly Scott, if what he did with the fire wasn't a hoax. I shake my head, feeling the situation is pointless. Unless I was more careful not to let her inject me with whatever she injected me with, I'll never catch her. And she may fight so hard that we'll be locked in an endless battle. I brought time back so much last night that I'm sure she's aware of my ability, or else why would she have thought to inject me with that liquid? But at least now I know how she punctured my skin.

"I don't think... there is any use in trying to catch her again," I decide to voice out. They all look at me.

"Why not?" Gracie asks. I shrug my shoulders, not really feeling like revealing that the girl, whoever she is, has an ability. I sort of like the idea that we both share one another's secret. But maybe that makes me stupid. I don't know what she's up to, I don't know if she's working alone, and I don't know if she'll respect me enough to keep her mouth shut about my ability. But still... I don't want to get on her bad side first. I want to learn more about the injection that can leave me defenseless.

A/N:

Thoughts?