Chapter 12

After answering the call, Zhang Mu shouted "Dad" with a sense of expectation.

    There was a few seconds of silence on the other end of the phone before his dad's solemn voice sounded: "Your sister said you were not in China?"

    "Well, I went abroad to play for a while." Zhang Mu calculated the time difference between the two sides and asked: "Dad, have you not slept, it's so late?"

    "I want to sleep, but I can't sleep." Zhang Weiqian's words obviously meant something.

    Zhang Mu pursed his lips and said nothing.

    Zhang Weiqian frowned tightly and said in a stern tone: "What do you mean by those words? If you want to figure it out, you can quickly get rid of your messy relationships. The Aunt Chen that your mother just met has a daughter in her family. You are about the same age, you are beautiful, and polite. When you come back, I will ask your mother to introduce you to..."

    After listening to the first few sentences, Zhang Mu's expression turned ugly in an instant, and the more he listened, the colder was his face.

    He took a deep breath, and finally interrupted intolerably: "Dad, what are you talking about? I have said it many times, I don't like women, can you not force me?"

    Zhang Weiqian suddenly became furious: "You are so stubborn! What did you just say? You said that you knew you were wrong, and I thought you figured it out. You know how long I have been unable to sleep because of you. With your mother, I often cry behind your back."

    Zhang Mu clenched his teeth, his fingers holding the phone numb. He lowered his head, his heart was clenched by a fist, his nose was sore, and his eyes were moistened and blurred.

    He held back his emotions: "Dad, why don't you understand? It doesn't mean that you can just change it like that."

    "I don't understand, but I do it for your own good." Zhang Weiqian said firmly.

    Zhang Mu was dumb for a moment, and it took him a long time to resist crying and said, "Dad, don't say that."

    Zhang Weiqian was also silent, only a heavy sigh in the earpiece.

    "I hope you can change it." Zhang Weiqian said: "Xiaomu, you can't go the wrong way."

    Zhang Mu was extremely exhausted, numb to the point of no pain: "Dad, I didn't go the wrong way. I know exactly what I am doing. Happy birthday, Dad. Also, I'm sorry that I made you angry today... nothing else. I'll hang up first, you take care of yourself."

    After he finished speaking, he hung up the phone, fearing that his father would say something he could not bear.

    Hanging up the phone, Zhang Mu felt that his energy was exhausted.

    He turned his back to Xiao Yi, his fingertips trembling, trying to control his emotions, but his emotions were like a flood that opened the gate, which immediately drowned him violently, and he sank to the bottom of the water, almost suffocated.

    Suddenly, his hands stretched out and quickly fished him out from the bottom of the water.

    Xiao Yi stroked Zhang Mu's soft hair and said with concern and distress: "Are you okay?"

    That question was like a signal that made Zhang Mu's grievances materialized. He suddenly turned around and plunged into Xiao Yi's arms, holding his waist with his hands, and burying his head in front of his chest like an ostrich.

    Perhaps Xiao Yi's embrace was too warm. Even if Zhang Mu wanted to hold back his tears, his tear glands opened the gate, causing him to burst into tears in an instant.