Chapter 4

When I wake up in the morning my head hurt. I roll over and find that Jared already got up. This was a good thing. I never let Jared see any bruises or anything I get, but I have a feeling that this one will be harder to cover up. When I get dressed I didn't see the point in looking good so I wore black leggings with laced sides. I wear the same shirt I wore to bed and slip a black jacket on with white trim.

I look at myself in the mirror and see that my eye was slightly bruised it was mainly my cheek bone. It was black and purple which looked bad. I quickly and carefully put make up over it. I take my hair out of the braid and it falls into loose waves. I put on a pair of sunglasses and walk downstairs. "Ready to go J?" I call out. I hear thumping and see him appear in front of me.
"Let's go." He says and we hurry out to my car which was a 1967 Chevy Impala.

"I'll see you at your game today." I tell him as I drop him off. He nods and runs to meet up with his friends. I quickly pull away and drive to my school.

"Okay class today we're going to-Ella why are you wearing sunglasses inside?" Mr. Luther asks me. Honestly he was my favorite teacher because he doesn't care what I do.
"The light hurts my eyes." I lie. She shrugs and continues to talk.
"Alright so for this assignment you are required to work with a partner and film a short movie on something. The movie has to be no longer than 10 minutes. And I've came up with categories. I put two of each in the hat and you have to draw one. Whoever draws the one matching your category is your partner." He explains. We a nod and he goes down the list. Honestly in this class I have no friends. Nobody ever wants to work with me because they're scared of me.

"Ella come choose one." He says holding the hat out for me. I walk up and choose one.
"Life?" I say looking at it.
"Awesome. So for this one you will have to film your partners life. Pretty much a documentary." He says to the whole class. I sigh and sit down. Someone has to film my life? I feel worse for whoever my partner is because they have to work with me, when they're scared of me, and they have to film my life?

He calls four more names then one more.
"I got life." The kid says. Great this person was my partner.
"Awesome. Go sit next to Ella." Mr. Luther tells him. A bunch of kids "oooo" and wish him luck. Some people even said "hope you live till next period." I shake my head and wait of this person to sit down.
"Hey Ella." He says. I can tell it was a boy because of his deep voice. When I look up I felt even worse about my partner. He did not need to know anything about my life.
"Hey Gilinsky." I say and look back at my papers.

"Alright now that everyone has their partners discuss a schedule on how you'll work this out."
"So I want to get this done quickly and efficiently." Jack says.
"Look Jack you can't rush a movie. If they rushed the movie Boyhood it would have been out ten years ago. They took a long time to make that movie." I tell him.
"Okay? So when do you want to start filming?" He asks me.
"I'm going to start filming my part tonight at the football game. I have to film your life and you have to film mine." I say to him. He nods.
"Okay." He says and the bell rings. I quickly pick up everything I brought with me and exit class. "So I'll see you later?" Jack asks.
"Yea." I say and walk to my locker.

The bell finally rang and school was out. I quickly went to my locker and grabbed one thing. Next I headed to my car. My phone then begins to ring.
"Hello?" I ask as I get in my car.
"Hey El can you bring up my black and gold jersey? I forgot we're playing the firebirds today." He says to me.
"Yea sure thing." I say about to hang up.
"Oh and Ella?"
"Yes?"
"Would you mind coming to the dinner tonight?" He asks.
"Sure. I'll be right there with your things." I say and hang up.

When I get home I quickly go into Jared's room and grab his jersey. Next I quickly change into a cream sweater and take off my make up. I quickly washed my face and put my makeup back on. I just had to get the eyeliner off. I reapplied concealer to cover up the bruise and I put mascara on. I look in the mirror and slip my glasses. They were black and bulky. I hated them so much. Without my makeup and leather jacket on you couldn't see who I was. With my glasses it made me look like an entirely different person. I liked it. I put some clothes into my bag and my make up, along with perfume and a hairbrush. I don't know why I just had the feeling that I would need it. Next I grab some money and head out.

"Hey Jared here's you jersey." I say handing it to him.
"Thanks El." He says giving me a hug and running back onto the field. I sit in the crowded bleachers and get my camera out to film. Jared would be in the whole game so I was excited. It's his third game of the season and they're really good. I got some pictures of Jared before he played and a couple of him while he played but my main focus was Jack. I set the camera on him and zoomed in. He was focusing on the game and yelling at the players. They listened to him. It confused me on how that happened.

"Great game J!" I say as he hugs me.
"Thanks El. I'll be right out just let me change." He says running into the locker room with the other players. I walk down to Jack who was picking up some things.
"Impressive coaching there." I say as I approach him. He looks at me confused.
"I'm sorry, but do I know you?" He asks me. I nod.
"It's Ella believe it or not." I say to him. He looks at me.
"Really? You don't look the same at all." He says picking up a backpack, cooler and struggling with another large bag.
"Here let me get that." I say taking the bag from him. He thanks me.
"Sorry I couldn't tell it was you." He says to me.
"It's fine. I actually was hoping for that." I say to him.
"Why's that?" He asks me.
"So you don't see me as the bad girl I'm known to be." I say as I put the bag in his trunk.
"Well you did a good job. You look-."
"Hey I'm ready." Jared says meeting up with me at Jack's car.
"Awesome. I'll see you at the restaurant?" I ask Jack. He nods.

"I love this place." I say to Jared as we arrive at the small burger joint downtown. He smiles.
"Good." We walk in and find the players and some of the parents there. The only person my age there was Jack
"Hey." Jack says approaching me as Jared sits down next to Lucas, his best friend.
"Hey." I say watching Jared. He had so many friends. I hope they stay with him.
"Wanna sit?" Jack asks. I look around and all the tables are filled.
"Sure, but we'll have to go outside." I say looking up at him. He nods and we walk out to the tables outside.
"So Jared is your little brother?" He asks me. I nod. "He's a good kid." He says. I smile.
"Good. That's really good to hear." I say as the waiter gives us our drinks we ordered inside.
"Why's that? You think he'd be different?" He asks me.
"Yea. With everything he has to deal with I thought he'd end up like..."
"End up like what?" Jack asks giving me his full attention.
"More like me. I don't want him to end up like me." I say quietly looking at my feet.
"Well what caused you to end up like this? I remember you as this sweet, amazing girl." Jack says.

"That girl is long gone."
"No she's not. She's in there somewhere. Deep down. Now what happened?" He asks me.
"Promise not to tell anyone?" I ask. He nods. I slowly take off my glasses. Then dip a napkin in my water and wipe the makeup off my eye and show him my black eye and bruised cheek. "Oh my god. How dlid that happen?" He asks moving over to me looking at my eye better.
"M-my dad. He hits me." I say quietly. He looks up at me.
"Does he hit Jared?" Jack asks. I shake my head.
"If he hit Jared I would kill him." I say putting my glasses back on.
"Why do you let him hit you?" He asks me as he continues to look at me.
"So he doesn't hit Jared. Or do anything to hurt him at least." I tell Jack. I have no idea on why I was telling him this, but something told me I could trust him.
"I'm so sorry." He says looking up at me. I shake my head.
"Don't be. It's not your fault." I say giving him a small fake smile. He looks at the ground then back up at one of the kids who came to find Jack.
"Um this was on the table." He says handing Jack my phone.
"Thanks Damian." He says and he hurries back inside. Jack hands me my phone and see that someone is calling me. I answer it.
"Hello?" I ask.
"Where the fuck are you?"

_____________________

A/N

Who do you think it is??

The girl in picture in the next. Chapter is Ella BTW
Vote!

Love you guys!!

-annalise:)