Chapter 14

Ashley's POV

When I got back to Johnson's house he greeted me with a hug. Jack G was also there.
"Hey babe how were tryouts?" He asks.
"Good! I made the team." I say smiling.
"That's great! Which team?"
"Varsity." I say. He quickly kisses me.
"That's amazing! You're probably the best!" He says and looks the expression on my face. "What's wrong?" He asks me.
"I'm not the best. And Ella didn't make the team." I say quietly. Jack G looks up.
"What? She didn't make the team? How? She's amazing!" He says.
"I don't know. She's really good. Better than me. I don't know how she didn't make the team." I say and set my things down. "I'm going to shower. Ella said we're going to get dinner." I say and hurry up the stairs to the shower.

Ella's POV

I went back to my house to shower and get changed. I quickly texted Ashley.

Ashy 👊: wear something casual to dinner tonight!

After I texted her I quickly happen in the shower. Tonight was going to be fun. I just knew it.

My shower was short so I could get there faster. I quickly pull out my outfit which was brand new. I put on purple bandeau with a black muscle tee that showed my sides. The shirt said "Swag" on the front in bold white letters. I pull on a pair of Galaxy pattern shorts with it.

My makeup was very minimal. Just concealer and mascara. I spray on my red velvet sugar perfume and slip on my galaxy vans. Next I pull up my hair into a high ponytail and some pieces fall out framing my face.

Shit! I had to text Jack.

Main Man: Meet me at the cafe downtown.

I tell him and I head there myself.

"Hey babe what's up?" Jack asks as he sees me standing outside the cafe.
"Just a little dinner with some friends." I say smiling. He looks at me.
"You're looking good." He says smiling.
"Thanks. You look good too." I say smiling. "Follow me guys." I say grabbing Jack's hand leading him into the restaurant.

We go out onto the deck and the soccer girls are all sitting there. Some of them brought their boyfriends which was good. I pull Jack over to our seats. Johnson and Ashley are sitting next to us. There were only three chairs so I just sit on Jack's lap. He didn't seem to mind.

"Okay now that we're all here...well why exactly are we here?" Charlotte asks.
"Okay so Ashley made the team. I hope you all know that." I say to them. They nod.
"But you called us here. And you didn't make the team." Sammantha says.

"See that's what I needed to tell you guys." They all look at me weird. "I made the team." I say. The girls smile huge and cheer.

I am on cloud 9 right now.

"You did it babe. I told you, you would." Jack says smiling up at me.
"Also guess what." I tell him.
"What?"
"I'm the team captain!" I squeal. He smiles.
"You're amazing!" He says kissing me on the cheek.

"Wait you're the captain?" Jordan asks. I nod. They all erupt in another cheer.

We talk for bit until our food gets here.
"Alright so I need to say a few things. You guys keep eating while I talk." They nod and they keep eating. "So as captain I have to: create the warm up uniforms, lead practice, lead warm ups. I also am in control of the JV and the frosh team. So with that I wanted to say that we start practice tomorrow at the junior high school at 3:15. We need to be prepared because our first game is next week." I tell them.
"Awesome. And who do we play our first game?" Hailey asks.
"We play Mountain Side so we have to be prepared." I tell them. Nobody else had questions so I sit back down on Jack's lap and begin eating.

"I'll see you girls tomorrow!" I say as the last of the girls leave the restaurant. "That's was fun." I remark as I turn back to Jack, Jack, and Ashely.
"Yea. Now I'm gonna go home and sleep. Gotta be prepared for tomorrow." Ashley says leaving with Johnson.
"And then there were two." Jack says to me. I giggle.
"Wanna come back to my house and watch a movie? My mom won't mind." I tell him. He nods and we drive back to my house.

"What time is it?" I ask Jack as I yawn.
"11:47." He says looking at his phone.
"Just stay here tonight." I tell him as I turn everything off to go upstairs. He follows me and we go into my room. I close the door and turn off the light.
"Hey Ella?" Jack asks.
"Yea?"
"Great job on making the team. I'm so proud of you." He says leaning over my body and kisses my cheek.
"Thank you." I say quietly as I drift off into a well deserved sleep.