Chapter 20

It's been three months. Three months since I've seen anything good. Since I've felt happy. Since I've felt loved.

Three months ago I was kidnapped. Four boys took me and put me in this place. No windows anywhere. I was in a room with one light and a bed. The one door of the room remained shut and locked.

What exactly do they do to me? It's probably what you're thinking. They use me for their desperate needs. I'm just a sex toy. It's disgusting. I'm also a punching bag. When they get mad and take it out on me.

Quite often I get hurt. When their girlfriends won't listen to them or their parents piss them off. It's quite sad. As of right now I had a huge bruise on my hip, a bruise on my jaw and a huge cut on my forehead. The cut was new. I got that last night when one of the guys threw a plate at me.

There was thumping. Not again. It's already been done today. I couldn't do it again. When the door opens I see a boy that I've never seen before. He looked about my age. The other boys were around 19. I scoot back to the corner of the bed and hold my knees to my chest.
"Hey...I'm not gonna hurt you." He says closing the door. I don't believe him. Not for one second.
"I-I don't believe you." I say looking up at him.
"Believe me I'm not. Look I've never done anything to you and I don't plan on it. I want to help you. Here...take these." He says handing me a bag and an envelope. "I want you to get away from here. You don't deserve this. I looked and saw that you were from Omaha and got you a plane ticket back there. Go home where it is safe. Quickly shower and change before the others get back. I'll drive you to the airport." He says and walks out of the room leaving the door open. I grab the bag and the plane ticket and quickly find the bathroom. Showering was going to be a huge risk. They could come back any minute and hit me, but I don't care. I was going to anyway. I strip my clothes off and step in the shower feeling the water cleanse me. There was body wash which I use a lot of. I also wash my hair about a billion times.

When I get dressed I find the kid got me undergarments, jeans, a plain white t-shirt, a black zip up jacket and a pair of vans. There was also sunglasses and a hairbrush in the bag. I quickly get dressed and brush my hair.

"Hurry. They'll be back any minute." He says rushing me out the door. We both go to his car and he drives me to the airport. The airport was quite small but I didn't know my way around it so it seemed huge to me.

"Look your plane will take you straight back to Omaha. I found these in your jacket and thought you would need them." He hands me my phone and a set of keys. On the little lanyard it says JG. These are Jack's keys. "And here. I washed your clothes and bought you whatever was ruined." He says handing me a backpack. It had a pair of shorts a shirt and my letterman jacket in it.
"Thank you." I say to him.
"Yea. And my number is in there. If you ever think they are out to get you again. Call me." I nod my head.
"I didn't get your name." I say right before he walks away.
"Nash. Nash Grier." He says before he walks away.
"Thank you Nash." I whisper to myself and walk onto the plane.

I pull up to my house in Jack's truck. My sunglasses were on and my hood was pulled up. I didn't know what to expect. When I was on the plane I did my research on what happened to me. It said I was kidnapped. That was right. Many people said they saw me around LA. Which was a lie. Finally it said they closed the case when they found a girls body in a bag that washed up on a beach just outside of LA. They thought I died. That was a lie. I didn't know what to expect when they saw me.

I slowly walked up to the front door and knocked on it. I heard thumping then a click. The door opened and there stood Jared. My beloved little brother.
"Hi. Can I help you?" He asks.
"Um yea...I heard your sister recently passed. Im sorry but..."
"Please go. I don't want to speak about it." He says about to shut the door.
"D-do you miss her?" I ask. I wanted to see if he did.
"Why do you care?" He asks.
"Because I lost my brother. I know how it feels." I say. I did. I lost him by making a stupid mistake.
"Yes I miss her. More than anything." He says and his face droops. His eyes turn dark. "I-I would do anything to get her back." When he says that my heart sinks. He really missed me.
"Hey don't cry." I say and wipe his tears away like I normally would.
"I-I just want her back." He sobs.
"But you do."
"W-what do you mean?" He asks confused. I take off my sunglasses and hug him.
"I-I'm sorry I just did that." I say to him.
"I don't care." He says hugging me tighter.

"Where's mom?" I ask him as we sit on the couches in the living room.
"Work." He replies as he finishes up a text.
"And d-dad?" I ask not really wanting to know the answer.
"Wisconsin with his new wife." He says to me. I look at him confused. "Mom got a divorce after she found out you went missing. She thought it was his fault. He then left and moved to Wisconsin." He says. I nod. "You're not happy?" Jared asks me.
"I am just...I haven't really gotten over the past events." I say sighing.
"What exactly happened?" He asks.
"J-Jack and I went on a walk and I got kidnapped. They took me to this place with no windows. I couldn't see anything. Everyday they would beat me and..." I say not being able to finish.
"And what?" Jared asks.
"I-I don't want to talk about it." I reply and look down at my hands.

Jared and I sit for a few minutes in silence until we hear a door close.
"Mom's home. Stay here." He says and walks into the kitchen. "Hey mom."
"Hey sweetie." I hear my mom say with a sigh.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"Just...a stressful day. I kept on getting different results."
"On where Ella could be?" He asks.
"Yea." She says her voice shaking.
"It's been three months." He says.
"Three months and 18 days." She says correcting him. My mom has been keeping track?
"Exactly. Maybe it's time you give up?" He says as they begin walking.
"Don't you ever say that again! Your sister is missing and my only daughter is gone! I can't give up! I just can't." She says as her voice is coated in desperation.
"Let's just go sit in the living room." He suggests as their footsteps get closer.

"Jared who is that?" My mom asks. I then stand and face her.
"Hey mom."
"E-Ella? Is it really you?" She asks. I nod and she quickly walks over to and hugs me. I feel her tears fall on my shirt. "Oh my god Ella. E-everyone thought you were dead." She cries into my shirt.
"It's okay mom. I'm here now." I say into her shoulder.

"So what happened after they trapped you in that room?" My mother asks me. It was only her and I. Jared went to bed since he has school tomorrow.
"Some nights they would beat me, but every night they would r-rape me." I say quickly. My mom's eyes soften.
"I'm so sorry sweetheart. I wish I could have done something." She says as she runs her hands through my hair.
"J-Jack tried...he got pushed down." I say to her.
"I hate him so much." She mumbles and her hand stops running through my hair.
"Why?" I ask sitting up from her lap.
"It's nothing." She says and begins brushing my hair with her fingers again.
"Please mom." I beg.
"Alright. Jack..." I didn't hear what she had to say because I fell asleep seconds later.