Chapter 13

I quickly lace up my other cleat and run out to the field. Today was the last day for soccer tryouts. Ashely decided to tryout with me, and she was really good. Her and I made a good team.

"Alright ladies today we're going to do a scrimmage and see how you do. We will tell you what position and what team you're on. Also we will tell you if you'll be an all time starter or just a sub." The coaches tell us. We get separated into teams. Ashely and I were on the same team and we were both put as midfielders. Isabelle, Finley, and Lauren were on the opposite team. They were okay but not as good as some of the other girls. The coach blew the whistle and we began. The opposite team had the ball first.

They pass it to each other and make way for the goal. Not before I get to them. Our defense was mainly freshmen and they were no help. I quickly run over to the girl who had the ball and steal it from her easily.
"Ash! J 13!" I shout. We made secret codes to tell each other where go. J 13 meant to go upper right field. She does as I say and I pass it to her. When she gets the ball I run up and make sure I'm still onsides. Ashley passes me the ball and I trap it and go for the goal. Isabelle comes over to me and tries to take the ball from me but I fake her out and kick the ball to the goal. It makes it in.

After a full out game we finish. My team got 7 goals. The other team got none. We were pretty good.
"Nice job ladies. We made our decisions. They are pretty solid but some people may move up or down depending on how they play later on. He announces the frosh team. (Freshman/sophomore)
Next was the JV team. That team was a bit smaller than the frosh team and JV had Isabelle, Lauren, and Finley on the team. And they were subs.
"Here's your Varsity team and their positions.
Mackenzie-Goalie." The coach says and we all clap and she goes up to get her special goalie shirt and uniform. "Samantha-left defense.
Jordan-left middle defense.
Emily-right middle defense.
Hailey-right defense." He announces and we all clap and they go up to get their uniforms.
"Charlotte-left wing.
Whitney-left striker.
Melanie-right striker.
Kelsey-right wing." He says and they go up to get their jerseys. "Rebecca, Veronica, Georgia, and Danielle are the subs." He announces and they go up to get their jerseys. "Alright girls that's it. The rest of you are cut from the team. I'm sorry. Better luck next year." My heart just stopped beating. I've been cut? How? I thought I did really well.

"Ashely! Wait!" Coach Morris calls.
"What's up Coach M?" She asks.
"You made the team. I'm sorry I forgot to tell you. We only announced 9 of the 15 players and 4 of them were subs. Sorry we forgot. Here's your uniform and you're the Varsity right midfielder." He says and walks away.
"You made the team!" I say smiling at Ashley. She looks at me.
"But you didn't." She says as we walk into the locker room.
"It's okay. It matters that you made the team. Look I tried out and I didn't make it. So what. You made the team. Now we're going to go home, get cleaned up, and we're going to dinner to celebrate you making the team." I say as I open up my locker to grab my things. I was upset that I didn't make the team but it's how it goes. They didn't want me? Okay it's not gonna faze me.

After five minutes were head out toward our cars to leave the school.
"Dillon! There you are. I need to speak with you." The coach says. I nod and tell Ashely to go home and get ready.

"What's up?" I ask him.
"Okay so we didn't want to say this in front of all the girls, but we have you on our team as our Varsity left midfielder." When he says that I am shocked. I made the team! "You're mom is Bethany Dillon right?" I nod. "That's what we thought. You're mom played soccer here too. She was one of the best we've had. She won state for us in 1997. She was only 17. Like you. We haven't won a state championship since. When we saw you on the field it reminded us of your mom. You're actually better than her. So we want to ask if you would want to be the captain of the Varsity team? It requires a lot of work. You have to make the warm up uniforms, lead practice, lead stretches, you represent the Varsity team. And most importantly you are the leader of the entire team. Varsity, JV, and frosh. Are you willing to take up this task?" He asks me.

____________________

A/N

Hey guys sorry for the late update. I've been having a rough time lately. Sorry about all of it. I'm trying to fix myself up and get back to my normal self so yea. Everything will be okay soon. I love you all so much and thank you for being patient with me.

- annalise:(