Chapter 5

Jack's POV

When Ella answered her phone she looked scared.
"I-I'm at dinner with Jared." She says into the phone. Her eyes close and she listens. "I'm not coming home without Jared being fed. He deserves to have some fun." She says sternly. "Go ahead do that when I get home. See if I care. You already hurt me last night." She says and hangs up. I look at her worried and she looks back at with her bright green eyes.
"What happened?" I ask.
"He told me we had to go home now." She says standing up.
"I know that's not all. Please I just want to help." I say standing up with her.
"He said he'll beat me senseless." She says quietly. I look at her and make eye contact.
"Ella if he tries to call me immediately and I'll come and pick you up." I say making sure she heard me. She nods and walks back inside to get Jared.

"Jared we need to go." Ella says walking over to him.
"Why?" He asks looking at her confused.
"Dad called." She says. He gets wide eyed and quickly follows Ella out. I follow them to their car.
"I'm serious Ella. Call me and I'll come and get you." I say looking through her window as I speak to her. She nods.
"Thank you." She says. "Oh wait...here for our food." She says handing me $20.
"It's fine I've got it covered." She smiles gratefully at me and drives off. Ella isn't a bad person at all. She just has a hard life that people don't see. Or understand.

"Great game tonight boys! You all did great. I'll see you all at practice tomorrow." I say as I gather my things. I get multiple goodbyes from the boys as I leave. When I get in my car I plug my phone into the AUX cord and listen to some music.

I was in the middle of listening to Hoodie Allen when I get a call from someone. I answer without looking at the caller ID.
"Hello?" I ask.
"Jack! I-I need you to come and get me. Please!" It was Ella.
"Where are you?" I ask her.
"I-I'm by the golf course. Please hurry!" She says quickly.
"Stay there. And Ella stay safe please." I say before I hang up and speed to the golf course.

When I get there I see nobody. Then I see a figure run towards me. They hop in my car and I see that it's Ella. "D-drive!" She says scared. I quickly speed off and go to my house. When I was driving I kept looking over at Ella to make sure she was okay. She looked fine, she was just starring out the window. Then again she's had this type of treatment before. How awful to feel that.

We arrive at my house minutes after. My mom would be getting home late and my dad was already home. "Are you okay?" I ask her when I take the key out of the ignition.
"Yea...I'm okay." She breathes her words. I sigh and get out walking over to her as she got out.
"My dad is home. I hope you don't mind that my mom isn't at the moment." She nods and we enter my house.

"Dad I'm home." I call as I lock the front door.
"Hey bud. Where have you been?" He asks.
"I had the dinner after the game." I tell him. He nods and looks confused as he gestures towards Ella. "This is Ella. She needs a place to crash. Is it okay if she stays here?" I ask. He nods.
"It's very nice to meet you Ella." He says and sticks out his hand. She looks at him warily and shakes it. When she moves a piece of hair out of her face I see a scratch on her face. It was bloody and red.
"See you in the morning!" I say quickly and drag Ella upstairs.
"What was that about?" She asks me.
"I didn't want him to see that scratch on your face." I tell her. She nods.
"Can I use your shower?" She asks me. I nod.
"It's down the hall and on the left." I tell her as I hand her a towel. She grabs the dark blue towel and walks to the bathroom.

"Jack?" I hear quietly and see Ella standing in my room with a tower wrapped around her body. "I don't have anything to sleep in." She admits quietly. I get up and grab a white shirt and grey basketball shorts for her. "Thanks." She says and grabs undergarments from her bag.
"Here I'll go shower and you can change in here while I go shower." I say as I grab a white towel from my closet. When I leave I shut the door and make my way to the bathroom while Ella changes in my bedroom.

When I get done with my shower I slip on underwear and a pair of basketball shorts. I shake my hair out then rub the towel on it until my hair is less wet. Ella was still in my room. Before I entered I knocked on the door.
"It's Jack. Is clear to come in?" I ask her.
"Yea." A small voice says from the other side. When I walk in I see Ella sitting on the bed writing something down.
"Whatcha writing?" I ask her.
"Nothing." She says and closes the journal and putting it back in her bag.
"So um...what happened to make you call me?" I ask her. She sighs and looks down then at the wall.
"Jared and I got out of the car and he pushed me down causing me to scratch my face on the gravel in our driveway. Then he tried to stand me up when I push his hands off me, that made me fall and do this to my side." She says as she lifts up her side of her short to show her left hip bruised. It looked bad.
"I'm so sorry Ella." I say as I sit down on the bed next to her.
"It's fine. I'm use to it."
"No one should have to get use to this type of treatment."
"Yet I have. Why? What have I done to deserve this?" She asks. I sigh. "Yea I know I bully kids at school. I know kids hate me. I know they're scared of me. I know Jack. But why do you think I do it? The only people in my life right now are my mom and Jared." She says to me.
"You have your friends."
"The definition of a friend is: A person you know well and regard with affection and trust. I don't know any of those girls well. I don't feel anything towards them, and I definitely can't trust them. Jack They're only friends with me because they're scared of me. I hate it." She tells me.
"Then try and change."
"It's not that simple! I've been like this for too long! I've tried to change and that didn't work out well now did it?" She asks me.
"Look Ella I can help you. If you want to change I can help." I say to her.
"I-I...I'm going to bed. Goodnight Jack." She says as she gets under the covers and closes her eyes. I turn off the lights and get in bed facing away from Ella on the opposite side of the bed.
"Goodnight Ella." I say quietly. "You don't deserve any of this treatment. You're too good for it. I knew you are." I whisper hoping she heard me before I feel into a deep sleep.

____________________

A/N

Sorry it took forever to write this one guys. I've been getting done with stuff around 10:00 lately and I've hand no time to write. I'm sorry. Hope you guys like this chapter!!

Please vote!!

If you haven't read All I Wanted!

-annalise:)