Chapter 21

"Ella. Ella wake up baby." I was shaken awake and find my mom dressed.
"What's wrong?" I ask her.
"Can you take Jared to school today? I have a meeting to be at early." She says as she puts her heels on. I nod and slowly get up. I wanted to go do something today so might as well get dressed.

I slip on black leggings and a blue-green shirt with grey sleeves. Along with that I pull on some grey vans. I spray myself with perfume and quickly do my makeup.

"Hey you ready?" I ask Jared as I see him finishing up his breakfast. He nods with a mouth full of food.
"Whoa when did that get there?" Jared asks as he sees the cut along my hairline.
"I've had it. Same with a bruise one jaw." I say pointing to where it should be. "And ice had this one for a while." I say lifting up the corner of my shirt to show him the bruise that covers my hip.
"Does it hurt?" He asks.
"Like a bitch." I say and he laughs. "Come on I have to get you to school." I say as we hop in my car.

"Okay I need you to listen to me carefully." I tell Jared. He nods. "You can't tell people that I'm alive because they'll spread it around and then the press will come to our house." I say to him. "Then dad might come back." I tell him and he nods.
"Of course he would. I mean it sucks that people think you're dead but I'd rather have them think that then dad come back and hurt us all." Jared explains. I smile at him.
"Alright buddy. I'll pick you up after practice today." I say and he nods. Jared is still playing football. He told me last night that he's friends with a kid who plays football that is the quarter back of the club team. You have to be insanely good at that sport to even make the team.

I had some errands to run today. Important errands. First I went to get a new hairstyle. I was going to cut and dye it.

"Hi. How may I help you?" The lady at the front desk asks.
"I have an appointment at 2:10." I say to her.
"Are you Cassidy?" She asks me. I nod. I used a fake name so nobody would ask questions.
"Alright Cassidy you'll be at station three with
Mark." She says and leads me to the chair. I sit there and wait for they guy to arrive.
"Hi Cassidy I'm Mark." Mark says as he meets me at his chair.
"Hi." I say greeting him.
"So what are we doing to your hair today?" He asks me.
"I want to cut and dye it." I say as I look at my hair.
"Alright what kind of style and color were you thinking?" He asks me.
"I want to trim the ends and have layers with bangs, and a dark brown to black color." I say to him. He nods and begins to work.

Two hours later my hair was done. I looked different. A good different. "Thank you." I say smiling. He nods and let's me up from my seat. My hair was now a blackish color with hints of brown when the light shines on it. The end of my hair is just past my chest. We decided on no bangs because I wouldn't look good with it. Quickly I pay and drive to the mall.

While I was making my way to the mall I was listening to the radio.
"Hey is Emily and I'm here joined by the one and only Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson."

What? They're on the radio?

"So how is tour going for you guys?" She asks.
"Okay." Johnson says.
"It's going great." Jack G says. God I missed his voice so much.
"Awesome. So how is everybody?" The girl asks again.
"Everyone is perfect. Couldn't be better!" Jack G says with excitement. Do they not miss me? Okay?
"Some are better than others." Johnson replies.

"Alright last question!" The girl says full of energy. "How's your dating life going?" She asks them.
"I don't have one." Jack J replies to her.
"Me on the other hand has a girlfriend. She so beautiful and amazing. I could look at her all day. She's perfect. I love her so much." I smile at Jack's words.
"What's her name?" The girl asks.
"Her name is Amber." He says happily.

Who is Amber? Why is he with her? Did he get with her right after I got kidnapped?
All these questions clouded my brain as I bought an entire new wardrobe.

What Jack said really upset me. He didn't love me? He didn't care that I was kidnapped? How rude. There was nobody here to talk to since my mom was in her room finishing some papers and Jared went to bed really early because he has a game tomorrow. I needed to talk to someone. Then that someone popped into my mind.

I quickly dial their number and wait for them to pick up.

"Hello?" They ask.
"Hey it's me."
"Hey what's up?" They ask.
"I-I needed someone to talk to." I say quietly.
"I'm here for you."
"Thanks Nash."