Twin heros of Yunmeng feels

༻✦༺  requests closed ༻✦༺

Just Jiang Cheng being protective of Wei Wuxian because my poor heart needs this OKAY

---

Scenario #1

Wei Wuxian's time on the streets had been nothing short of horrific, that was a known fact, but his fear of dogs wasn't so public, even the townspeople of Yunmeng were unaware.

So, when a familiar scream drowned out the noise of the bustling streets and a trembling Wei Wuxian crashed into his chest, Jiang Cheng wasn't so surprised, well-versed in Wei Ying's fear as he had seen it many times, however, Wei Ying usually ran to Yanli.

Yanli chuckled beside them as Wei Ying clawed like a cat at Jiang Cheng's shoulders, crying for help into his shoulder and pushing himself further into Jiang Cheng's arms, "D-D-Dog!"

Jiang Cheng grinned, rolling his eyes fondly as he hugged his brother back, gently shooing the innocent stray and watching it run off, poor thing thought Wei Ying was indulging its playfulness so it followed him.

When it was finally out of sight, Jiang Cheng gently pinched Wei Ying's side, "It's gone." He promised, shaking his head when Wei Ying hesitantly peeped from his neck to ensure what Jiang Cheng said was true before sagging in relief, hugging Jiang Cheng tight.

"I thought I was a goner!" Wei Ying wailed, yelping when Jiang Cheng responded by pinching his sides again, "Cruelty!"

Jiang Cheng chuckled, rolling his eyes and looping an arm around Wei Ying's waist, "Just keep walking." He scolded, unaware of the small smile on his lips.

That was the first time Wei Ying ran to him for comfort.

Scenario #2

Jiang Cheng was tired, he had spent three months looking for his brother, worried fucking sick that he'd find a corpse and have to take it back to his sister, and when finally, he finds his brother breathing and okay, Lan Wangji swoops in and ruins it.

Watching the interaction, Jiang Cheng felt a bit like a third wheel during a married couple's spat as Lan Zhan took step after step and Wei Ying recoiled every time.

However, he kept out of it, assured that his shixiong could take care of himself until Lan Wangji dared to put his hands on him.

Wei Ying gasped, stiffening as large hands wrapped around his upper arms, squeezing painfully like Wen guards once had before he was chucked into a barren wasteland.

Jiang Wanyin's eyes darkened, how dare this Lan put his hands on his brother?

Sandu in a tight grip, Jiang Cheng pushed himself between them and shoved the Lan off, standing like a shield for his brother, "Lan Wangji!" He scolded, "How dare you handle Yunmeng Jiang's head disciple like that!"

Lan Zhan just glared back at him, refusing to back down, but so was Jiang Cheng.

"Wei Wuxian has already told you to fuck off, so do it!" He shouted, arms out behind him, keeping Wei Ying safely where his trembling form was, "Tsk... Lans are such hypocrites, isn't there a rule against nonconsensual touching in your wall of discipline?!"

At that, Lan Wangji finally seemed to wither a bit and Jiang Cheng grinned, "Never," He began, voice like steel, "Touch my brother like that, ever."

Wei Ying gripped his shoulders like a child hiding behind their mother, soundless as Lan Zhan meekly left.

Once he was gone, Jiang Cheng turned around and yanked Wei Ying into a tight embrace, hugging him like he hadn't been able to with Hanguang-Jun staring at them.

He smiled when Wei Ying finally melted into his arms.

He hugged his brother tightly and didn't let go for a long time.

Scenario #3

"Wei Wuxian!" Madam Yu's shrill voice pierced the training grounds, only getting louder when the named boy's head tipped downward, his hands folded in front of him and shaking, "Servant's son... how dare you act so careless?!" She screamed referring to his loud laughter as he trained with his sister and his brother along with a few younger disciples.

Wei Ying flinched and his siblings winced, yet she continued, "Have you cleaned all the boats?!"

Wei Ying resisted the urge to flinch again as his bow deepened, "Y-Yes Madam Yu." He stammered, nodding slightly.

Yu Ziyuan huffed, the Zidian sparking around her finger, "Did you scrub the kitchen floors?!"

Wei Ying nodded, not trusting himself to speak.

"Did you finish folding all the clothes?!" She shouted again, relentless even as Wei Ying's arms shook.

Wei Ying nodded, "Y-Yes M-Madam Yu I-I folded and put away J-Jiang Cheng and S-Shije's clothes a-as well as y-yours." He answered, holding his breath.

Madam Yu scoffed a laugh, shaking her head and beginning to pace in circles around him, which was fucking terrifying, "You do all these things, your servant duties, yet you refuse to acknowledge yourself as one!" She raised her voice so loud Wei Ying's knees buckled, petrified he'd be thrown out.

He kowtowed, something not unusual around Yu Ziyuan, "I-I k-k-know my p-place M-Madam Yu!" He insisted, about to plead again when something touched him and he flinched.

Raising his head, Wei Ying's eyes widened as the utterly furious ones of his brother stared back at him until with help, he had been removed from his position on the floor and guided to stand again.

Jiang Cheng clenched his fists tightly, turning to glare at his mother as his arm looped around Wei Ying's all too slender waist, "Mother." He grit out, taking a stand, "My Shixiong has done nothing to you, he has never even said no to the cruellest of your demands! Why are you like this?!" He shouted, surprising even himself.

Madam Yu just crossed her arms, "He destroyed our family!" She shrieked, making Wei Ying flinch, tearful eyes downcast.

Jiang Cheng's jaw stiffened, "He didn't do that YOU DID!" He screamed, pointing and crying, "Shixiong has done nothing but bend to your every whim! He's been perfect for you! Trying his hardest to stay on your good side but Ma' I'm not sure you even have one! You are a cruel bitter woman and I am so so sick of you blaming our family issues on ANYONE but yourself! It's you! It's you- you are the problem! You are this families misfortune!"

Wei Ying was completely frozen, as still as a block of ice, as was Yanli and everyone else within earshot, even Madam Yu was motionless.

Jiang Cheng huffed through his nose, turning back to his Shixiong and tightening the arm around him before grabbing his A-Jie's hand, "Next time you treat Shixiong like the dirt beneath your boot, I am leaving Yunmeng and taking him and A-Jie with me. Do better." He threatened before storming off with a final glare.

Wei Wuxian's room was closest, being near the rivers he entered it and pushed his siblings inside, then slamming the doors closed,  turning to see Wei Ying in bucket loads of tears, "A-Cheng." Wei Ying stammered, sobbing into his sleeve.

Jiang Cheng chuckled weakly, a small smile on his lips as the three sat on Wei Ying's bed, huddled together, "Us against the world Shixiong."