Shaken

Shock, it ran through Wei's veins as Jin Zixuan's body crashed to the floor, a gaping hole punched through his chest that painted the ground red. The world around blurred, the only thing in focus was the lifeless corpse of a once-living, breathing, Jin Zixuan.

What did this mean for the people he cares about? How did things go so wrong? This wasn't supposed to happen, so how did it?

The next thing he knew, there was two people's blood on his hands, everything fogged up and slowly, he blacked out.

~~~~~

Wei Ying jolted awake, sitting up as his eyes darted around the Jingshi. Wuxian breathed deeply in sheer relief when he realised it was just a bad memory. Dabbing the sweat from his forehead, he turned back to his sleeping husband.

Usually, Lan Zhan wakes him up from his nightmares, but tonight he slept through the fidgeting and tears. Wei Ying gulped, Lan Zhan must be very tired. Silently. He crept from their shared bed, he was careful, his movements mouse-like. The last thing Wei wanted to do was awake his resting husband.

Wei Ying started a bath, he filled the space with warm water before climbing in, it seems his day is starting a few hours early. Wei Ying relished in the warm water on his shaking body, the image of those cold... dead eyes staring at him wouldn't leave him alone.

Wei Ying gulped... he'd ruined his Shije's life. At the thought, tears dripped from his eyes. For him, she'd been fatally impaled and killed, he couldn't even say sorry...

"Shije..." Wei Ying whispered, after an hour he was still trembling. Wei Ying had taken a bath, eaten breakfast, downed a jar of Emperors Smile, and gotten dressed and left the Jingshi and he was still wobbling on his feet.

Wei was really shaken, so he ventured far from the Jingshi, walking further and further to try and calm down until the sun shone through the snowy mountains. When he'd walked far enough, Wei decided to turn back. He went back the way he came, every now and then he'd extend his arms, his fingers brushing through the tall grass of the lonely mountains. His fingers intertwined with the blades of green, tearing some from their roots.

Taking the grass in his hands, Wei Ying began to weave, making a crown. During his stay at the Burial Mounds he'd become quite the weaver, a few times he even made his own clothes. By the time he arrived back at the Jingshi, it was way past Lan Zhan's wake up time, Wei Ying took a deep breath, his shaking hands slid open the doors and entered the Jingshi.

Wei Ying was surprised when, as he closed the doors, a body crashed against his back, wrapping him in arms of love.

Wei Ying gasped a little, almost dropping his grass crown. When the arms eventually loosened, Wei turned around in the embrace to greet his husband. Lan Zhan kissed his lips, "I woke up and you weren't here... I was worried." He paused, "Are you okay?" He asked.

Wei Ying looked down, "I... I just had a bad dream, that's all." He smiled, "Sorry to worry you, I'm okay." Wei reassured, he then eyed his husband up and down before frowning, "Were you in a fight?" He asked, referring to the robes crazily hanging from Lan Zhan's shoulders.

Lan Zhan shook his head, gripping his waist, "I was coming to find you, you don't normally leave." He said quietly, it wasn't a secret that Lan Zhan's fear of losing Wei Ying made him spiral into a mess of panic sometimes.

Wei sighed, leaning forward to kiss Lan Zhan's lips gently, smiling through it when the other severely untensed. You wouldn't be able to tell, but Lan Zhan is putty in Wei's hands.

Wei Ying pulled back after a few seconds, cupping Lan Zhan's face, "I'm sorry~" He apologised, "Hubby forgive me~" He whined, smirking when Lan Zhan's eyes widened just a little, the nickname had a certain effect on the stoic Lan.