{Chapter 23}

Sabrina's POV:

I woke up to the ringing in my ears, there was no solid ground to land on. I struggled and moved yet I was floating in an endless space. I twist and turn trying to find any exits, yet none was there.

     Little specks of dust came raining down, it bounced off my body and hands. My never-ending fall ceased and I slowed down. I fell to the ground as the sand continued to pile up in my feet. Amidst the darkness a light glew, and appeared the witch that plunged us all into chaos.

     "Mother!"

     "Relax, don't attempt to attack me. This is my world, everything you would do is useless. I control everything and anything... Even time." She lifted her hand up and a star appeared as it went up to the sky. I finally saw my surroundings clearly. There was yellow sand in my feet, the sky was white, and there my mother was, levitating midair.

     "Why am I here?"

     "So I could talk to you without your annoying friends interrupting us. The sand you're stepping on weighs heavier than anything you could ever imagine. And no water is around for you to bend."

     "Why are you doing all of this?!"

     "I'm doing this because this is for my master, someone like you would never understand. Now that you're within my grasp I could finally commence the ceremony. It won't hurt as long as you struggle, have fun with the last moments of your life."

     I would never give up but I gritted my teeth, "and what if I don't die here and now?! My friends—"

     "Your friends are in another bubble I made. You can't even escape here, what makes you think they will escape and save you? You trust your friends too much, it's hilarious."

     "May I... ask where you came from?"

     "Getting a little curious are we? Very well then, if the truth must die with you, then so be it."

     "Mother w-what is this all about?" The sand began to fly and specks were scattered through the air.

     "Oh deary me, you still call me that? If you seek the truth so badly then why won't I show you?" The sand enveloped me, I took a step and it disintegrated. It took different kinds of shapes and colors faded to reality. It was a village and a bustling street full of people. The houses were made out of bricks and the chimneys spew out smoke. In the middle was a fountain and villagers resided in it.

     I bumped into some children playing tag. Confusion ate me and I continued to explore this place. My hands grazed on the rough walls. Around me were mothers in their dresses carrying their children. Gossiping with their friends, carrying a basket to buy bread from the baker.

     I heard the heavy clanking of hammers and I turned around to see the blacksmith creating weapons. A table where men were being scolded for drinking too much. And then I shifted my view on the fountain. I slid my hand on the warm water and sat down.

     What was that she wanted to show me?

     I noticed at the other side of the fountain there was a mother humming her child to sleep. I stood up and approached her. She had long brown curly hair and a white dress. She looked at me with her blue eyes and smiled.

     "Hello there, is there anything one must need?"

     "It's nothing sorry for the bother—"

     "Child you must be tired, come sit here with me take a nice break," She patted at her side. I didn't question and sat beside her. She continued to hum a tune and rock her baby side to side. The baby was wrapped in cloth and was sound asleep. "Do you want to see?"