{Chapter 6}

Sheila's POV:

I've dreamed of doing many things in my life. Fighting a lady who owns a castle from outer space and can seemingly kill me within a second, was not one of them.

     I charged towards Ashley, trying my best to look as intimidating as possible. I raised my right hand, feeling the heat build-up in my palm and the energy surging through my veins. Little ice shards crystallized in my palm. I aimed at her, ready to shoot her with a blast of frost.

     Suddenly, a barrier materialized in front of me stopping me in my tracks, painfully slamming into it. Ashley flicked her wand and the barrier transformed into rubber, bouncing me back, harshly slamming me to the metal wall.

     The built-up power I had been storing got released and accidentally froze the wall. I grit my teeth as I glanced at the frozen wall and the barrier. Ashley stood in place with a calm stance as if she was trying to figure out my next move.

     Damn it! How can I get past a barrier?

     Narrowing my eyes, I rose and rushed up to her once again. I charged my power, this time on both of my hands. She waved her wand and the barrier shifted in front of me. I slammed into it yet again, but this time I held on to it firmly.

     I unleashed everything I could, freezing the entire thing in place. I let go and swiftly leaped to the side; I felt like I'd won. Not wanting to miss the chance, I shot at Ashley but a new barrier emerged. She waved her wand, it's the direction pointing towards mine. The barrier started to close in on me at lightning speed.

     "Whoa, wait! Wait!" I raised my hands, surrendering. "You said you'd only use one barrier!" I exclaimed. I realized that the barrier was still moving and I instinctively covered my face, bracing myself for contact. Fortunately, she immediately ceased the barrier just when it was inches away, saving me from an agonizing experience.

     "Are you alright? I didn't hurt you too hard, did I?" She asked while running towards me.

     "I'm fine, you didn't throw me that bad."

     I know you could've done worse, I could still remember what happened to those Space Travellers.

     I smiled while dusting off frost crystals that formed on my hands and around my clothes. Ashley came over and started checking me for any wounds or bruises.

     "You panicked, in a real battle you'd be dead by now. In every fight, you have to stay calm and remember to think. Panicking would lead you to make rash decisions," she explained.

     "I'm sorry," I bowed my head down. This was a familiar feeling.

     "Don't say sorry to me, say sorry to yourself. You're smart dear, I know you can think of many ways to use your power," She patted my head and hugged me. "Anyways, come here and take a look. It's proof I didn't cheat."

     She took my hand and we walked to the huge ice blockade I made, our footsteps echoed throughout the huge empty room. When we got near the solid ice wall I made, I ran my hand over it.

     "Amazing isn't it? The powers Quantum could give." She followed what I was doing and put her hand on it, eyes full of admiration. "Come now and check what's behind the wall." She signaled me to follow her.

     I checked behind it and the barrier was gone. I raised a brow and rubbed my chin, completely confused.

     I thought I froze it in place. Where did it go?

     "It's gone, right? Here, look I'll show you." She summoned her wand and took out the barrier again. She moved the barrier to fit the ice wall. My eyes widened as I realized I was only able to freeze the front and not the back of the barrier.