{Chapter 16.5}

Sheila's POV:

"W-wait!" Isha chased after us, board in hand. The police stopped her and it gave us time to run off. We ran as fast as we could but she caught up with us quickly. "There you are!" We turned around and saw her panting heavily.

     "Are we in trouble?" I asked.

     "What? No, no, not at all. Uh... I just wanted to thank you guys," she fumbled. "Well I didn't know I'd get this far. Goodbye then!"

     I was about to leave until Erricah suggested something. "I have a better idea. You won't mind if we escorted you back to your house, would you? In case you get attacked again."

     "Sure thing!"

...

It was an awkward trip on the way to Isha's house. None of us really knew how to start a conversation at all. I watched as the skies began to darken until we finally reached our destination. Once we were there, I got to have a good look at her house.

     It was a small modern first-story house. It had a plain white exterior and a simple black roof. There was a front yard with a single pathway that led up to the door and that was pretty much it. On another note, for some odd reason all the windows were closed. We finally stopped walking and Isha looked at us.

     "This is my stop. Thank you so much. Again!" Isha closed the door and we waved her goodbye. Once she was gone, the same unpleasant silence from earlier had come back. The two of us had no idea where to go now. As it turns out, we didn't quite think this through.

     "How about we sleep here? The grass is uh... soft, I guess. And maybe you can use your fire to warm us up?" I proposed. Erricah went on with the plan and the both of us laid down. A sigh escaped from my mouth as I gazed at the numerous stars that dotted the night sky. Even if I was on a different planet, it was oddly reminiscent of the skies back at Earth when I used to stargaze under the tree by the orphanage. Shutting my eyes closed, I willed myself to drift into sleep.

     "Don't lie to me guys but... are you homeless? You're lazing outside my garden." We jumped as we saw Isha back out on the porch.

     "Oh no, we're not— we were about to leave, isn't that right Erricah?" I turned to her only to see her have a scheming look on her face. No doubt she was planning to do something questionable.

     "I insist you stay. You two did save me after all, the least I could do is allow you in my house. There are a lot of residents that have lost their homes from the SP's questionable actions. I won't hesitate to help if you two are affected by it"

     "I—"

     "Actually, we got lost in a spaceship so we're just waiting for someone to pick us back in a few days or so," Erricah confessed.

     Isha blinked rapidly and tilted her head. "I-I'm still willing to help, but just to make sure you two aren't stowaways right?" Erricah stood up and rummaged through her pockets. She took out a small rectangular card and opened it to reveal a badge.

     "I'm from the Space Travellers, this badge belongs to our family. Specifically, my father." She pointed at me next, "And she right here is a friend of mine, I was lost amongst the many spaceships and dragged my friend Sheila along. Now I assure you we will be back in a few days soon and we appreciate the kindness," Erricah smiled.

     I gulped at the fact that she had that badge and didn't tell me about it. What if that's used to track her down? Isha was surprised and adjusted her glasses to get a better look at the badge before Erricah put it away.