{Chapter 18}

Erricah's POV:

"Morning Isha," I greeted and rushed to the door.

     "Hey morning!" Her head peered through the hole in the lab.

     "I'll be back. Tell Sheila I went to buy food."

     "Uh sure, though I have food here so you don't need to go out—"

     "I'll buy my own. Those are yours anyway."

     "Where are you going?"

     I opened the door and grinned, "Honestly I don't know. Also sorry for slamming the door on you last night!" I ran off as soon as I got the chance. After I was at the end of the street, I stopped.

     I looked back and sighed, I was going to buy food as an excuse to have time for myself. All of this was too much even for me, core chips have been accidentally sent out of SP's base giving many beings magic. It's not long until Isha figures this out, with all the inventions she does she's practically a genius she'd piece things up in no time.

     I put both my hands in my pocket and started my walk to the city square. This place was just as I remembered it long ago, prosperous but all its residents were dead and uncaring. Money was all they cared about, after all.

     Isha was clearly a victim of this. She's smart and innovative but none of her inventions would ever be deemed as useful to society. So they cast her aside and now she feels like she's a total failure. If only I could change that.

     "I almost forgot... At least food makes my journey worthwhile." I looked up and noticed I was already in the city square. I was lost in thought for so long I didn't realize I was at my destination already. The city square has a fountain in the middle, many stalls were being set up and they were building a stage.

     I passed through the stalls and the big corporations hadn't set up their stalls yet. There were small businesses with the standard hotdogs, burgers, ice creams. And on the other side there was ice cream, tacos and things called fishballs.

     It only took a glance for me to decide I shouldn't get any of them. It wouldn't be good to feed Isha any of this. She was frail and probably hasn't eaten a proper meal in ages after locking herself in that room for god knows how long.

     Besides, at the moment I was practically broke. I also managed to lose my I.D. and I didn't bring any money with me.

     Free samples must surely exist, maybe I could just steal food legally.

     I looked out to see if anybody was giving out free food. To my luck, there were none.

     Lost in thought, I accidentally bumped into someone. The boxes they were holding fell out of their hands and onto the floor. They gasped and hit the ground hard.

     "Oof."

     "You alright kid?" I asked and approached her with concern.

     "Yeah," I helped her up and I stared at her blue eyes. "Can you help me?"

     "Yeah sure, what do you need? Those boxes sure are heavy."

     "Oh, I was just about to bring these back to my place."

     "Sure thing, I'll do it."

     "Thank you... now follow me."

     I picked up the supplies and carried them. The girl was sweating, and she kept looking back at me. The box was stashed with tools, books, and dirty clothes. I squinted and kept an eye on the girl as she signalled me to follow her.