{Chapter 15}

Sheila's POV:

A quick tremor shook the castle grounds, disturbing everything that resided in it.

     I leaped straight out of bed, almost tripping as I frantically rushed over to the window. Fortunately, what I dreaded hadn't come true. There wasn't any sign of an attack and the shield that protected us was still standing in place.

     Yawning, I stretched and relaxed, knowing it was just my usual paranoia and pessimistic imagination. I quickly fixed my hair and went towards the drawer, grabbing the journal and storybook. Afterwards, I went downstairs to the observatory.

     Looking around, I realized Ashley wasn't anywhere to be found. I wonder where Erricah was? I left my journal and storybook at a nearby table and proceeded to the garden. I stepped out of the gates and sighed. A relaxing—

     "What do you think that shield's made of?" I jumped at Erricah talking and turned to see her fixated on the barrier.

     "What the? I just woke up and you're already awake and around here!?"

     "When I touch it, it feels like solid glass but far away it looks so flowy and something we can freely enter..."

     "Hello? Are you there?" I walked up to her and waved my hands in front of her face.

     "Oh hey, Sheila didn't see you there."

     "What're you doing?"

     "You can already see what I'm doing with those big eyes of yours." I glared at her and she chuckled, "I'm obviously playing with the shield. Aren't you curious on how Ashley can make these?"

     "It's bold of you to assume I don't wonder what any of this is. So... I wanted to ask something,"

     "Shoot."

     "Did you feel any rumbling earlier?"

     "Eh? I haven't, I've been staring at this thing over here." She patted the shield and gazed at it for a moment. A mischievous thought struck her mind as she raised her hand, flames sprouting out of it.

     I snapped out of my daze and yelled. "What in the hell are you doing? Don't try to attack it!" I grabbed her wrist and attempted to stop her.

     "Aren't you curious about what will happen? Will my fire explode? Disintegrate? Turn into dust? Imagine all the possibilities."

     "I am! Imagining those scenarios is fun but, I'm not that stupid to try any of it!" I gestured for her to stop but a fully-fledged fireball was already on her hand.

     "Too late!" She threw it at the barrier and just like the first time I had met the space travelers. The attack was reflected right off and the fire shot back in the direction it came from.

     "Whoa!" I ducked and managed to dodge it at the last moment. It flung to the castle's brick walls and it exploded, leaving behind a scorching black mark on the wall. "Like I told you! That was incredibly stupid!"

     "It wasn't that bad—I mean it didn't do much. It was just a small fireball." I facepalmed and ran to the area where the fireball hit. I ran my hand across it and noticed that the castle walls were pretty sturdy. Further inspection that it wasn't even damaged at all. Taking my hand off, it came back covered in ash and left a clean handprint on the wall's surface. I frowned and Erricah smirked, "See! It's not that bad."

     "Whatever, you still made a huge mess." I rolled my eyes. "How are we going to clean this up?"

     "With a blanket or cloth. Duh. There's probably one in the observatory. Stay put here and I'll find it. I promise I won't ditch you and tell you did it. Besides, I'm not a snitch." She jogged her way inside.