{Chapter 14}

Sabrina's POV:

I am happy with what I have.

     I took my brush and dipped it in colorful paint. The brush collided with the scroll and I let my hand lead the way. I closed my eyes, reminiscing myself in my own little world. In the darkness, cold and empty, a mountain emerged. Green lush cascaded the landscape, trees grew out of thin air. A blue light appeared and hovered around, it stopped and cut in the middle forming a river. The sky lightened with a blue tint, clouds fabricated in the heavens and an orange hue emerged in between, dipping the sun in the horizon.

     My nimble fingers dragged along the paper. I took my brush back in my hand as it flowed through the thin paper, carefully painting my vision. I took a deep breath and started to stroke with my brush lightly. The birds that chirped lovely tunes kept me company. The gentle breeze that entered the window calmed me from the events that are about to commence.

     The door creaked and opened, startling me. I turned around and was greeted by my servant. She bowed down, "Good morning, Your Highness. I'm terribly sorry if I have startled you. I have prepared breakfast for you and the queen. She's ordered me to escort you to the dining room."

     "Good morning to you as well, Roxanne." I smiled as I put my brush down. This day had finally arrived, shivering me to my core.

     "Also, Sabrina, happy birthday!" She whispered and winked, a giddy expression spread on her face.

     "Ah yes, I forgot. 16 is a fresh number and a new year arises with many unforeseen events. There are only two years left before I take the throne. But in all honesty, what will I rule?" I rambled. Rox skipped towards my drawer and took out a hairbrush. "I mean, I'll certainly take care of you as you continue to serve us. And with my mother's days dwindling, I won't question such an easy task to do."

     Rox lifted my hair and gently brushed it, "There's a lot to do, Your Highness! You have many dreams and skills that need to be polished. I'd be there with you every step of the way!"

     I sighed as it wasn't the answer I was expecting, "I appreciate your views and loyalty, I just have way too many questions left unanswered." She continued and hummed a tune.

     "Did you take a bath already?"

     "I already have. Let's go downstairs before mother gets too impatient." I stood up and Roxanne nodded as she trotted to my wardrobe. She pulled the doors and picked up a dress for me, it was a blue pleated dress. "Is it really required for me to wear that dress every year?"

     "Tradition..." She faintly smiled. Exasperated, I took the dress and started to take my clothes off. I abruptly stopped and eyed her.

     "Ehem, Rox you should—"

     "Your majesty, your drawing is delightful," Rox wandered to my table and stared in awe at my unfinished painting.

     "It's still unfinished, I still need to add the trees, grass, and a portion of the sky." I went up to her and gave her a nudge. "As I was saying, could you please give me a few moments to get dressed?" I showed her my dress.

     "Oh, sorry! Just call me when you need help, I'll be waiting behind the door," she bowed and ran to the door and slammed it shut. I chuckled and approached the mirror, these types of dresses are an 'okay' for me. I completely abhor wearing extravagant dresses that limit my movement.

     "I'm done!" I took my shoes and Roxanne helped me put them on. I grinned as she opened the door, letting us both exit the room.

     In the books I've secretly read in our library's restricted area, normal castles would be bustling with servants and knights. I stared blankly at the empty hallway with empty husks of armor for knights. The standees did nothing but intimidate me when I was a child. Roxanne tapped my shoulder and led the way.