{Chapter 21}

Sheila's POV

We arrived at the city square. The security was tight with police stationed everywhere. The place was crowded with thousands of beings hanging out in different stalls. Music was blasting from the stage, it was fully built with lights all directed to the amateur band. We kept a low profile and I looked around trying to find clues and whereabouts of the upcoming attack.

     "Where do we stay while we wait?"

     "I don't think the stage is a good idea, it's too crowded there and we'd get lost."

     "Nothing has begun yet you forgot our plan? I remember you saying at the stalls." Sabrina suggested. She pointed at a small fishball stall beside us with a few chairs.

     "Woops, my mistake, let's go," I apologized. We approached the table and sat down. Erricah was tapping the table furiously while Sabrina leaned in the chair with her eyes closed.

     "Where's Isha? I thought she was getting ready? I know she brought a lot of her inventions but she's taking too long. She better get here earlier," Erricah worried.

     I observed my surroundings and watched each individual. The music vibrated in sync with a fast and livid heartbeat. I just hope the police will be of use here. The song stopped and the band bowed, the crowd cheered and clapped.

     My friends kept their cool as the time ticked, a new band entered the stage and was getting their equipment ready. In the corner of my eye, I saw a figure wearing a black blanket amidst the tall crowd. They hastily walked straight to the backstage. 

     Must be one of the participants hiding their identity.

     "Are we lazing around here for the entirety of the day?" Sabrina broke the silence.

     "Well, ya think we have any other choice huh? We can't just make a ruckus and expect that witch and their little goon to arrive will they?" I facepalmed as Sabrina glared at Erricah.

     "My friend is not a—"

     The music stopped and we all glanced back at the stage where the crowd was getting heated. The band was interrupted by the hooded figure walking and standing in the middle of the stage. They mysteriously stood still in the middle for the entire audience to see.

     Who is that?

     Hey! There's a band performing, don't interrupt them!

     "Security!" One of the bandmates yelled, and up they went approaching the rascal to detain them. I looked at Sabrina and Erricah, we all nodded and threw the chairs. We started sprinting towards the witch. She removed her hood and smiled grimly.

     "Get away from her!" Sabrina shouted. She caught sight of us and raised her hand, the city square rumbled and the spectators cowered. She was storing magic in her hand and it shot through the sky turning it into stormy skies. With her other hand created a ball that she aimed at the ground.

     "Oh crap!" I stopped running and grabbed my friends' arms. I swiftly stomped on the ground and raised a barrier. The witch released the pent-up energy sending a colossal shockwave, not even my ice could protect us. It released an ear-piercing boom that was heard in the entire city. All of us were sent back flying to a building.

     We crashed inside one, shattering the windows. I hit my back on a counter, temporarily losing my vision before groggily standing up. My ears were ringing and bright lights from the guns of the police shot at the target. The sirens alarmed and the survivors ran for their lives.