{Chapter 7}

Sheila's POV:

A single mistake can lead anyone to their demise. And that is exactly what I did.

...

Cokunae look like a mantis and cockroach mashed together and it is terrifying. Not only that but they are twice the size of humans.

     I shut the journal and threw it at the foot of my bed. I rolled and stared at the window, today was the day. It didn't help me as much as I thought it would, with all the missing pages and lack of information.

     I haven't asked myself why I'm not crazy yet. The urge to just relax after getting home was stronger. I jumped out of the bed and took the journal as I lazily walked outside the hallway.

     I don't remember the time, day, week, or month ever since I got teleported here. Having it always be night made me tired, I missed the bright sun back on Earth. The drawings in the journal made me nostalgic for those old storybooks I read.

     I reached the end of the hallway and Ashley wasn't there. She would either be at the library or the observatory. Walking down the spiral staircase, beads of sweat started to form on my forehead. Was I getting nervous? I hope it goes away soon or I won't be able to focus on today's mission.

     Each step I took increased my breathing. I started feeling lightheaded, making me completely stop in my tracks. What if I can't do it?

     "Sheila? Are you alright?" I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Ashley looking back at me.. "Let's go, dear. I will be at the garden." I gave a half-hearted smile and thumbs-up in reply.

     I watched as Ashley left my view. The growing pit in my stomach was too strong, making me sit down, sweating like crazy. Realizing trying wasn't an option was the worst- succeeding wasn't really my sort of thing.

     Shakily standing up, I hastened while wiping my face of any remnants of worry and fear. I went to the observatory first. I didn't trust myself in bringing the journal on my trip.

     I walked away until I remembered the map in the book. It might've been incomplete but it had the page with the cube behind it. I was pretty sure they were both connected in some way. As much as I hated tearing pages out, it was too important to leave this one behind. I didn't think Ashley would mind, I wouldn't show her anyway. Folding it into a small square, I packed it in my pocket before running over to the garden.

     I held my breath as I looked out to see Ashley out in the garden. She was dancing and playing with her wand, I hadn't seen her doing that before. She resembled a beautiful fairy, gracefully moving like the wind, although something about it felt off. Quietly, I walked up to her.

     "Ashley?" She jolted, quickly turning around.

     "You're as tired as I am, aren't you dear? Making decisions is hard, so choose wisely."

     "I will, I promise," I smiled.

     "You best prepare your shield. I don't want you flying away after all your hard work." She said, walking to the edge of the island.

     I bent down and felt the familiar warmth of the ice power. I brushed the grass, ice forming to create a more comfortable shield than last time.

     "I'm ready," I answered.

     Ashley only nodded as she stood by and held out her wand. A blinding light shot through the entire castle, the dome had emerged once again.

     Her hair flowed with the wind, waving beautifully in the air. On the other hand, mine had clashed with my face. I struggled to get the hair out from my face to see what was going on. Ashley directed her wand towards the unknown, and we started our journey towards the endless space.