{Chapter 12}

Sheila's POV:

The star outside shone brightly, its rays entered the window and illuminated the dreamy purple colors of my room. I took my journal and flipped through its pages mindlessly as I laid on the bed. I wondered how well Erricah was doing after she was led to the room beside mine; she was probably bouncing all over the walls after hearing the words ‘training session.’ I heard the door creak open and glanced over to see Ashley entering the room. 

     “So, what’s all the training all about?” I asked while I scanned the same old drawings in the journal.

     “Remember the time we both fought each other?” I stopped and nodded at her words. “We need her to be distracted and comfortable in a week, I want you to spar with her.”

     “Why can’t you do it yourself?” I scoffed and then widened my eyes. “I—uh sorry, that sounded rude.”

     “It’s fine, dear. To answer your question, she has immediately gotten attached to you and sees you as her friend. It would be better if you were the one she sparred with. She’d most likely get intimidated and afraid of me.”

     “Fine,” I sighed, knowing that she’s right. “On the other hand, I’m interested in how she fights and how she’ll handle her fire abilities.”

     Ashley pulled me into a hug and whispered, “Thank you. I have to leave now, have a good night.” She ruffled my hair into a mess and walked away.

     I laid back down on the bed and put the journal to my chest. My eyes closed shut as I waited for the next day to come.

...

“This castle is great! I’ve never been in one before, but it looks amazing!” Erricah was bubbly. She was skipping around touching every window and wall she could. 

     By the time we reached the end of the hallway, we stopped walking as Ashley used her wand to open the door. The infamous training room under the castle had been opened once again. Erricah went inside before me and her eyes wandered around with amazement. 

     “Now this is something you definitely won’t see inside a normal castle,” She joked and nudged my shoulder. “Are you really sure you guys aren’t part of the SP?”

     “Nope, not at all,” I shook my head. 

     “I will give you time to explore and play around before the training commences.” Ashley cut in, before walking outside the arena.

     “So… what do we do here?”

     “Well, you can freely use your powers here—without burning any property this time.” I took the initiative and created a shard. Her eyes sparkled with curiosity as she looked at the lustrous crystal of ice in my hand.

     "May I borrow that for a second?” She asked as I gave her the shard. She observed it and lit a fire around it.

     “That won’t work, I figured that only I can unfreeze it.” I chuckled as I took it from her. I demonstrated by turning the shard back to dust then making it completely disappear.

     She nodded and grinned as glanced down back to her hands. She created another fiery glow and stretched her fingers as she felt the magic coarse through them. Her gaze stayed on it for a few seconds before turning back to me.

     “I think I’m ready. Let’s start,” She beamed with pride in her eyes.

     “Wait, already? You just summoned fire and stared at it.”