Season 4 - Part 21: Reunited

It was Christmas morning and the Barry's and the Cuthberts had a splendid breakfast together. Despite the terrible event the night before, everyone was in a good mood and happily chatting with eachother.

In the afternoon everyone was busy getting things ready for dinner. When they were almost ready Gilbert, Bash and Delphine came into the house. Anne and Gilberts eyes met. Gilbert smiled, but Anne was still unsure how to feel and looked away. She still was hurt because Gilbert had distrusted her, after all they've been through. When she saw Gilbert walking towards her she fled into the kitchen to prepare the last things for dinner. Gilbert got the hint and stood in the parlor, talking to Matthew. He saw the Christmastree and thought about last Christmas, when he stood there with Anne. Oh, what a huge crush he had on her back then. He still has, but now it was different. He was worried. This fight they had was a serious fight, not a teasing fight when everything would be allright after.

"We have made waayy to much," Anne gasped, when she saw all the delicious things spreaded out on the table." "Maybe we should bring some to the Baynards." Marilla stood behind her, agreeing with Anne.

"Me and my mother could go!" Diana offered. She had a plan. A dangerous one. "I'll come with you." Anne took her coat and later the three stepped out of the door.

Gilbert saw Anne leave and immediately followed her. "Anne!" He shouted. Anne turned around and hesitated. "You two go, I have to fix something." Diana gave a assuring nod and left with her mother.

Anne slowly walked to Gilbert and he did the same. They went somewhere private and Gilbert began to talk. "Anne, I have to make it up to you. I was wrong, I was so wrong.. I never meant to.."

"Hurt me? Well, mission failed, because you did,Gilbert. I couldn't enjoy the Christmasshow AND sleep for ages thanks to your... your DISTRUST in me!" Anne shouted and furiously walked away. Gilbert went after her. "Anne, I always was so scared that.. that you didn't love me, when I heard you did, I couldn't believe my ears. When I finally had you I was so scared that I would loose you, especially after that weekend. I should've never thought that it was you and Jerry, but it was one of my biggest fears."

Anne still walked fast without looking back. When she spoke Gilbert could hear she was crying. "Well, thanks to that you let me feel like I was the villain, also Bash did. Do you know how alone I felt when...."

Before Anne could say anything else, Gilbert grabbed her arm and turned her around. He looked her deep into the eyes and pressed his lips on hers. A passionate kiss followed and you could almost hear the bouncing of their longing hearts. When Anne let go their heads rested against eachother.

"I love you, Anne."

Anne was in shock. He had said that many times in his letters, but never face to face.

A tear rolled down Annes cheeck and she laid her hand on Gilberts face.

"I love you too, Gilbert Blythe."