18 - Some Hard Choices

Two days after the sports festival, class 1-A was fully rested up

Two days after the sports festival, class 1-A was fully rested up. It was a gloomy day, with torrential rains pouring down  from the sky. Megumi was leaning against Tsuyu's desk as she and a few others talked about the post sports festival experience. Natsume, meanwhile, was half asleep at his desk, having stayed up too late watching his favorite anime.

"There's a difference after being aired on TV, huh?" Mina spoke with excitement. "I was stopped so many times on the way here."

Kirishima pointed at himself. "Me too!"

Megumi added with a half-smile, "And me also."

The interactions had certainly been very awkward and she had only managed to say a quiet 'thank you', while Natsume silently laughed in the background.

"People kept on staring at me," Hagakure said. "It was so embarrassing!"

"As for me," Sero looked like he regretted everything in life. "A little kid said to me don't mind."

Without even moving from her desk, Tsuyu plainly said, "Don't mind."

"Nice one," Megumi laughed with everyone as else, as Sero cried out in protest.

She wandered back to her desk, smiling at Todoroki as she sat down. The boy didn't smile back, but nodded his head, which was certainly an improvement on how he used to act before.

The classroom door suddenly opened and everyone quickly sat down on their seats. Natsume jolted himself awake, right as Aizawa-sensei entered the room.

He greeted them with his usual gruff voice. "Good morning."

"Good morning!" The class said together.

He walked over to the teacher's podium and leaned against. "Aizawa-sensei's bandages came off. I'm glad."

"That old lady's treatment was excessive," Aizawa-sensei answered. "Anyway, today's Hero Informatics Period is a little special."

'Special? What does he mean by special?' Megumi could feel herself tense up. There couldn't be another test, right? She was not prepared for anything and after the sports festival, she was not sure if she was ready to do some big thing yet. Others in the class mirrored her nervous expression. They gritted their teeth in anticipation, waiting for their teacher to reveal just what they would be doing.