2 - First Hurdle Cleared

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

      Exactly one week after the exam, the results came in the mail.

      The letter was in a simple white envelope, stamped with a red seal that carried the symbol of U.A. High School. Without hesitation, Megumi ripped it open, eager (and nervous) to know if she had gotten into her dream school. All Might appeared in the form of a hologram, laughing as he always did.

      And he told her the result. The Symbol of Peace himself told her that she had been accepted into U.A. and had even made it into the top ten rankings. Somehow. Then a couple of minutes later, someone knocked on the door and then rang the bell. 

      Megumi didn't even have to open the door to know that it was her cousin. As soon as she swung it open, Natsume tackled her into a hug, sending both of them tumbling to the ground.

      "Gumi-gumi! I got in! I got in!" The white-haired boy excitedly announced, giving her a toothy grin. "I got into U.A!"

      "Natsume, get off me, you idiot! At least warn me beforehand if you're gonna jump on me," Megumi pushed him away, sitting up on the floor. When she meet Natsume's eyes, she realised that he had an expectant look on his face. "Yes, I got in too!" 

      Natsume let out an excited cheer before hugging her again. Megumi laughed slightly as she hugged him back

      "We have to celebrate!" Natsume said when he pulled away. "Let's go eat ice-cream now! Mom and Dad gave me some money. It'll be my treat." 

      "Well, if you're offering, then sure," Megumi replied, getting up from the floor. "Let me just grab my phone."

      She retreated back into the living room where she had been sitting earlier, with enough nervous energy to bounce off walls. Spotting her phone on the centre table, she quickly strode over and grabbed it. She sent a quick text to her dad to tell him that she was stepping out with Natsume. No reply came, so she assumed he was busy with hero duties. But she knew the reply would come soon enough.