5 - Teamwork (Or Not)

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

      Megumi had guessed correctly.

      This battle between Midoriya and Bakugo was not a simple combat training exercise; it had become something else entirely.

      It had become unexpectedly real, turning into a battle with two old friends. But were Midoriya and Bakugo even friends? Judging by the way Bakugo was acting, they were looking more and more like long time rivals (maybe even enemies). It scared Megumi a little to see how brutal Bakugo was being. So, along with the rest of her classmates, she cried for All Might to stop.

      "All Might, this is getting out of hand!" Megumi declared with slight fear. "You have to stop them!"

      "Yeah! That Bakugo is acting real crazy!" Kirishima added. "He's gonna kill him."

      All Might stood up straight, facing the giant screen in the monitor room. His thought process was difficult to read and Megumi couldn't really understand why he hadn't stopped the fight yet.

      "Young Bakugo," All Might spoke into the mic. "If you use that move again, I will end this match and your team will lose."

      He added, as a warning. "To employ such a strong attack indoors is inviting the destruction of the stronghold you should be protecting! That's a poor strategy - even if you are a villain or a hero. There will be a penalty."

      Bakugo was a violent boy; more violent than anyone Megumi had ever known. His mouth was curled into a bloodthirsty grin as he attacked Midoriya, who wasn't even using his quirk. The green-haired boy was getting beaten badly. But in the explosive boy's anger, there was a noticeable strategy.

      She watched with wide eyes as Bakugo and Midoriya stood in front of each other, ready to attack. Something told her that the next attack by both of them would be the last. They lunged for each other; each aiming to defeat the other with their incredible veins. Midoriya's right arm glowed with red veins and Bakugo's hands were full of his explosive energy.