14 - Returning Chance

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

      Megumi wanted to hit herself.

      But first, she was going to murder that stupid purple grape, Mineta and also Kaminari. Stupid boys.

      "What happened, Class-A?! What kind of service is this?" Present Mic sounded rather shocked.

      All the girls of Class 1-A were deathly still and dressed in the same outfit as those American cheerleaders. Megumi felt like an idiot, wearing the skimpy costume. The other first years were clearly gawking at them, some giving them pretty weird looks.

      Already frustrated over her loss in the second round, Megumi was now feeling a little angry. She dropped one of the pom-poms out of her hand, and stomped on it, rather angrily. "I'll roast that stupid grape and that Pikachu! I'll really roast them."

      "Careful, Megumi-chan," Tsuyu patted her back. "You are starting to sound like Bakugo-kun there."

      Megumi stomped on the pom-pom again.

      Yaoyorozu fell to her knees, looking very frustrated. "Why do I always end up falling for that little pervert's stupid schemes? I even used my quirk to make these outfits."

      Uraraka leaned next to her and patted her back.

      "Well," Hagakure suddenly spoke up, invisible hands raising the pom-poms in the air. "There's still time before the finals and it's tiring to be nervous. We should just do it!"

      "Huh? Hagakure-san, there's no way I am ever doing something like this," Megumi clearly said, removing the other pom-pom from her hand. "Ever."

      Before any of the other girls could say something, Present Mic finally resumed his commentary. "Now, it's time for a fun recreational competition! After this, sixteen players from the four teams will compete in the final stage, tournament style."

      Megumi walked up to Natsume, who was standing next to Yuu and Mika from 1-B. Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly, rather), Natsume had quickly become friends with them. How her cousin was able to do that; she didn't know. But it was one of his skills that she was jealous of.