15 - Fight On

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

      It was finally time.

      "Everybody, thanks for waiting! We finally cleared out that huge pile of ice. Now it's time for the third match. It's the girl with enchanting white flames, from 1-A! Megumi Okumura from the Hero Course!"

      Megumi took in a deep breath as she walked up the stairs of the stage. She could hear the people in the stadium cheering for her, but she couldn't pay attention to them. All she could think about was her match and how she was going to defeat her opponent. She released the breath she was holding and stood on the stage, a determined look on her face.

      "Versus the sparkling killing boy! Denki Kaminari from the Hero Course!"

      The blonde hair boy walked up on the stage, a rather determined smile on his face.

      "Now, now!" Present Mic's voice was as loud as always. "We are expecting another flashy battle today!"

      Megumi released another, relaxing all the tension in her muscles. And then, she got into her battle stance, ready to fight against Kaminari and his electricity.

      "Let's start!"

      "Oh man, you are a strong one," Kaminari said, almost grinning. "But there's no way I'll lose to you."

      "We'll see about that," Megumi answered with a smirk of her own. She already knew the exact move she was going to use. Electricity vs Fire...there could only be one coming out at the top.

      Kaminari's body crackled with lightning. Even from the few feet of distance, Megumi knew the attack that was coming was going to be a strong one. And besides, electricity was no joke. It could be very dangerous in its own way.

      "Indiscriminate Shock: 1.3 million volts!" Kaminari slammed his palms towards the ground, launching more than a million volts of electricity towards her.

      At that very instant, Megumi slammed her right leg into the ground, summoning the full force of her own quirk. The flames danced in the air, forming a protective boundary around her. There was one more thing about her own quirk that most people didn't know. Her dad had that same capability, her aunt Nao had that same capability and Natsume also had it. The bulletproof nature of Aunt Nao's quirk had come from the quirk named Defense that had belonged to her mother (Megumi's grandma). The name of that quirk clearly explained it. Whoever was a user of that quirk could use any and all types of defense. And some of that had been passed down to Aunt Nao, her father Kaito, Natsume and Megumi herself.