3 - Rational Deception

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

      "A quirk assessment test?!"

      Once assembled in the sports field, the most surprising thing had suddenly been dropped onto class 1-A. A fricking quirk assessment test. Everyone stared at Aizawa-sensei in confusion. So this was what Megumi had a bad feeling about earlier. Even though her dad had warned her about the unconventional teaching methods at U.A., a quirk assessment was something she had not expected. At all.

      The pretty brunette from earlier, Ochaco Uraraka (she had introduced herself in the girl's locker room), raised her arms to her chest, asking with a concern filled voice. "We don't have an entrance ceremony or orientation?"

      "If you want to be a Hero," Aizawa-sensei spoke. "You don't have time for that. U.A. is known for its unrestricted style and that goes for the teachers as well." The man turned, facing the entire class.

      "You've been taking standardized tests for most of your lives," He said. He took out his phone from his pocket, holding it up high. A measuring counter of some kind was present on the screen. "But you never got to use your quirks in physical exams before. The country continues to calculate averages based on uniform results which is not logical. The Ministry of Education is just lazy."

      "Bakugo," Aizawa-sensei turned to the blond-haired boy from earlier. "You came in first in the practical exam. In junior high, how many metres was your softball throw?"

      Bakugo looked slightly downwards, responding after a moment. "67 metres."

      "Right. Now try doing it with your quirk. Anything goes; just stay in the circle," Aizawa-sensei said. "Hurry, with all your strength."

      Megumi watched with curiosity, wondering what this Bakugo's quirk would be. After stretching his hands for a moment, the boy in question stepped forward. With a powerful yell ("DIE!"), he threw the ball. An explosion erupted only a few feet away from him, clearing away to reveal the ball soaring through the sky, creating rings of fire behind it.