4 - Battle Training Begins

      CHAPTER FOUR

      CHAPTER FOUR

      Kaito Okumura a.k.a the Scarlet Hero, Red Flame and the current number 7 pro-hero was a very busy man. His agency, consisting of himself and five other sidekicks, located in Shibuya was well known for their detective work and was kept busy by cases in the city itself as well as cases that came from the government.

      So it came as a surprise to Megumi when she came downstairs, fully dressed in her U.A. uniform, only to see him sitting on the living room sofa, scrolling through something on his tablet.

      "Dad, what are you doing here?" Megumi asked with surprise. "Aren't you supposed to be at work right now?"

      "Oh, you're ready to leave," Kaito said as he put down his tablet on the sofa. He stood up and started walking, only stopping when he was directly in front of Megumi. "I thought since I didn't see you off on your first day, I'd see you off today. I told everyone I'd be a bit late."

      "You didn't have to do that," Megumi said. "I know you're busy with work and all."

      "Don't be like that," Kaito answered as he ruffled his daughter's hair. "Joining a school like U.A. is an honor and I am so proud you got in. And I know you're gonna do amazing, because you didn't go by a recommendation. You fought in the entrance exam and got through with your own strength and that is commendable. You've already shown to me that you're capable of being a hero. Now, you have to show that same spirit in school."

      As soon as he finished talking, Kaito pulled Megumi into a hug. Megumi hugged him back, gripping the back of his jacket. "You've made me so proud to be your dad," He said, rubbing her back gently. "And I know your mom would be really proud of you too."

      "Would she really?" Megumi asked. After all, she had never gotten to know her mom since she lost her when she was just a one year old. She barely remembered her face, but her memories did hold traces of a warm smile. This was the smile she looked to, whenever she felt down. It always cheered her up.

      "She most definitely would," Kaito answered. He stepped away from the hug. "Miyuki loved you very much. I think she loved you more than me." Though he had said the last line rather jokingly, it seemed like his daughter had taken it a little more seriously.