1 - U.A. Entrance Exam

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

      Seeing the imposing building of U.A. High School in front of her, Megumi Okumura couldn't help but be nervous. Even after months of training with her dad and her cousin, the pressure of the entrance exam seemed to get to her, at last. She wrung her hands together, hesitating to take another step.

      "Gumi-Gumi, you look really nervous," Natsume snickered at her side, patting her shoulder. "Don't tell me you're afraid of failing this even after all that training with your dad."

      "Shut up, Natsume," Megumi answered, frowning slightly. But Natsume wasn't wrong. Her father was the number 7 pro hero and though she could have easily entered the U.A. through his recommendation, she hadn't taken that path. It had been a silly thing, but this was going to be the first chance she would get to step out of her father's shadow. 

      She sighed and closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath. Once she opened them, Megumi stared at the blue arches and the golden insignia of the school that seemed to glow under the morning sun.

      "This is it," She said out loud, looking towards Natsume. "This is our first step on the path towards being heroes."

      "Yeah," Natsume grinned, slamming his fists together. "I can't wait to show everyone how badass I am."

      "Me too, I guess," Megumi replied with a slight chuckle. "I wonder what they would think of my quirk though."

      "I'm sure the examiners will find it super cool!" Natsume patted her back. "Don't already sell yourself short, Gumi. You will do well and you'll pass too, I'm sure!"

      "Thanks," Megumi pointed finger guns at him, smiling. Natsume's bright presence itself often acted as an encouragement to her and she needed exactly that right now.  As long as she believed she had the capability to pass this test, she could do it. She just had to believe.

 She just had to believe