pluto projector

"I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm totally paranoid all the time." I was sat with Bonnie and Elena at a table in the Mystic Grill, listening to Elena speak about the man following her.

Bonnie looked to the girl with concern. "You have a right to be. Klaus is out there, and he knows you tried to kill him."

"But why hasn't he made a move? There's been no sign of him. Nothing." I cleared my throat, covering it as a cough before the doppelganger continued. "Just my slow spiral into insanity."

"Join the club. Every time I close my eyes, I have that nightmare on repeat."

I looked to the witch, finally deciding to speak up. "The same dream, about the four coffins and Klaus?"

Both the girls looked at me. "Yeah," Bonnie replied. "It's weird."

"What if it's not just some dream? What if it's you know, like, a witch dream?" Elena tried to help the witch in front of her, but her analysis was shot down immediately.

"It's just stress, I'll figure it out."

Neither of the girls in front of me knew I still had communication with Klaus. For all they knew, I hadn't spoken to him since homecoming, and I planned to keep it that way. For now, I was Amity Romero, the basic human who was outshined by everyone, always. And I liked it that way. Returning back to normal life was nice, with Klaus and mine's friendship being the only exception. 

I was brought out of my thoughts as the conversation took a more intense turn.

"The Stefan that we know is gone." I looked to Elena, the betrayal was evident in her features. 

"How's Damon handling it?" Elena laughed at Bonnie's question.

"Damon is," She hesitated. "Damon."

──✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ──

I sat in the corner of the Grill, watching as Damon and Elena flirted with each other over the fact that Damon was spiraling. I watched for a few moments before somebody cleared their throat beside me. I looked up to see Klaus, smiling. 

"Hi, Nik."

"Hey, love." He offered his hand to me, helping me out of my seat before settling his hand around my waist. 

"I thought you wanted people to think we stopped communicating." I heard the hybrid chuckle beside me.

"Well love, I'm about to cause a bit of commotion, and having you with me will cause a little bit more." I watched his mouth twist into a smirk before making his way over to Elena and Damon, interrupting their conversation about Damon's attractiveness. "Don't mind us."

The two turned to look at us, Elena's eyes immediately landing on mine. "Amity? What are you doing here with Klaus." I chose to not reply, Damon speaking up instead.

"You're gonna do this in the Grill? In front of everyone? That's a little beneath you, don't you think?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. I just came down to my local pub to show my girl a good time." I felt his grip on my waist loosen as he walked closer to the two. 

"I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour." Damon kept his cool, but I could sense his uncertainty through his voice.

Klaus pulled me closer once more before giving an explanation to the two. "My sister seems to be missing. Need to sort that out."

"Cute, blonde bombshell, psycho? Shouldn't be too hard to find."

The hybrid chuckled slightly at this comment before continuing. "Truth is, I've grown to like your little town, as well as some of the people in it. Thinking I might fancy a home here." He released his grip from my waist, grabbing the darts that were in Damon's hands. "I imagine you're wondering 'how does this affect you?'. The answer is, not in the slightest. As long as I get what I want and everyone behaves themselves, you can go on living your little lives however you choose." He turned to face Elena. "You have my word."