godspeed

"The bite marks seem to have almost healed. That's good." I nodded as I entered the room, wrapping my arms around Klaus from behind as he continued to paint. "What do you think, love? Is it suiting for the Winter Wonderland event?"

"I think it's better than suiting. It looks amazing." 

He took a step back, placing down the paintbrush as Stefan leaned on the doorway, giving his opinion. "Looks like a giant snowflake."

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event." He removed my hands from around him, turning to look at Stefan as he held me in front of him. I watched as Adrian entered the room, making me smile as I waved at him. 

"Hey, Amity," He winked at me, making Klaus' grip on my waist tighten slightly before the hybrid spoke to him. "You said it was urgent?"

"Yes, take this to the Mystic Grill immediately."

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" Klaus removed his grip on me, beginning to walk toward Adrian. 

"What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude, and without flirting with my girlfriend." I looked at Klaus, a shocked expression meeting my face before Adrian nodded, walking over to the painting and grabbing it before walking out. "And be careful with that. It's still wet."

I turned my attention back to Stefan as he spoke up once more. "Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know." I laughed slightly before Klaus responded.

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labor?" There was a moment of silence. "What are you doing here?"

The vampire took a few steps forward. "Elena is sired to Damon."

I laughed. "Yeah, no shit sherlock."

Klaus smirked at my response before replying. "I intuited as much."

"Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever and yet here you are making postmodern snowflakes." 

"I've delivered." Klaus grabbed a cloth off the easel, beginning to wipe excess paint off his hands before continuing. "I retrieved the Hunter's sword from Italy which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the Hunter's mark. You're the one who is supposed to deliver the Hunter and his mark." 

"Well, Jeremy is the hunter, and he has to keep killing vampires to complete his mark, but we can't quite figure out how to keep him from killing us." 

"Well, that sounds like a Stefan problem." The vampire eyed me, Klaus beginning to speak over him.

"Sounds like quite the chore. Which is why I feel perfectly justified doing a little charity work." 

"Hmm, or maybe you're lying about having found the sword." 

I laughed at Stefan.

"Why would I lie to you, Stefan?" Klaus began walking into the other room, going to a vault. "We're in this together." He began opening the vault, making me roll my eyes while he began to explain it to Stefan, passing it over to him. He sat on a sofa opposite the vampire, motioning for me to come to sit with him before speaking. "I heard you moved out of your house." I sat down, Klaus pulling me onto his lap as he wrapped his arms around me, continuing his talk with Stefan. "Bit of a martyr move, hmm?"

"I'm not here to bond, Klaus." The vampire placed the sword onto the coffee table in front of him.

"Oh, on the contrary. I think right now I'm the best friend you've got." 

Stefan stood back from the conversation, beginning to leave the room. "Well, I'll see you later, Klaus. Maybe when you decide to start helping."

I chuckled to myself as Stefan left, Klaus turning me around to face him. "So, girlfriend, huh?"