romeo and juliet

I spun in a circle, the flashes of vampire speed around me causing me to flinch before one of the home invaders settled a few meters in front of where I stood. I raised an eyebrow at the man, not recognizing him. 

"Amity Romero." He took a step forward, a woman walking beside him and placing a hand onto his chest. 

"Give us a moment." The vampire nodded, turning around and leaving before the woman made her way to me. She extended her hand, smiling. "I'm Jane-Anne." I looked at her hand, not reaching to shake it. She let out a sigh, quickly moving her hand to my stomach. I let out a painful scream, her hand causing a burning sensation through my whole body. She stepped away within an instant, a look of surprise on her face. "It's true."

I stepped back, looking around to find a way out of the room I had been blocked into. "Get away from me!"

She smirked. "Romero, I'm the person you should be the least scared of." She quickly walked forward, placing her hand to the side of my head. Within an instant, my world faded to black.

──✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ──

((third-person pov))

The sound of jazz traveled through the air as Jane-Anne Deveraux entered the graveyard, her sister waiting impatiently nearby. 

"Took you long enough. Hurry up, set her down." Jane-Anne did as told while Sophie began to slice into her hand, dripping her blood onto the unconscious girl's forehead. Jane-Anne's chanting began, making the wind around them begin to swirl while the spell was taking place. It only took a few moments, the blood seemingly disappearing into the girl's forehead before Sophie stood up, bringing a pin to her hand. She watched as the pregnant girl in front of her began to bleed at the palm, her hand flinching slightly before she began to stir. 

"Did it work?"

"Of course it worked, J. Now let's get her out of here before Marcel gets here." Sophie quickly picked up the sprite on the ground, the two moving her down into a locked crypt nearby. 

Meanwhile, the Mikaelson Mansion in Mystic Falls was anything but quiet as Klaus arrived home from speaking with his sister, a smirk wide on his face when receiving the news that Elijah had unintentionally given his younger sister's chance at life to Silas. Although he wanted it for himself, he was sure that spending the rest of his days tormented would not have been worth dying old, as he likely would have died after a few days, just for Silas' spite. 

"Amity, love, wonderful news!" He turned the corner into her bedroom, a look of confusion meeting his face as it was empty. He quickly turned, looking into his bedroom, and then the sitting room, both empty as well. He returned back to the living room, his older brother now sitting in an armchair, reading a paper. "Big brother, you wouldn't happen to have seen Amity, would you?"

Elijah raised an eyebrow at his brother. "I thought she was with you tonight."

"Why would you think that? She should've been home all night."

A look of concern grew on Elijah's face, him standing up. "You're saying that the woman who is pregnant with your child was not with you tonight?"

"Of course not, I had business to attend to!"

"Niklaus, I do hope you are joking. I've been home since Rebekah left for prom, and that girl has not been here since then."

Klaus' concerned expression began to shine through his previously blank one, him reaching into his pocket. He held it to his ears, there being a few moments of silence before ringing was heard beside the fireplace. He flashed over to it in a second, the phone being discarded on the ground. He picked it up, his concerned expression growing worse by the second.

"She doesn't go anywhere without her phone."

Elijah stood to his feet, continuing to look around the room. "This can't be good."

──✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ──

"Good afternoon. Time for one more?" Klaus sat down across the table from the witch, Agnes' foul mood making the hybrid smirk.

"I have nothing to say to you."

"Oh, now that's not very amiable, is it? You don't even know me." The original's smirk grew as he leaned back in the chair, leaving his hand resting on the table.

Agnes looked at the man in front of her with a scowl. "I know what you are. Half-vampire, half-beast. You're the hybrid."

The smile on Klaus' face grew, this beginning to become an ego trip for him. "I'm the Original hybrid, actually, but that's a long story for another time." He leaned forward, his mood turning darker. "I'm missing someone, and they've been pinned with a witch from here. Jane-Anne Deveraux. Perhaps you can help me find her?"

The woman's expression changed, having slight fear. "Sorry, I don't know."

"Well now that's a fib, isn't it?" He grabbed onto the woman's hand. "Now, you see, I know that you're a true witch amongst this sea of posers, so enough with the fabrications." Klaus let out a chuckle. "I've quite a temper, and I'm already at my boiling point."

Agnes yanked her hand away, calming herself down. "Witches don't talk outta school in the Quarter. The vampire won't allow it. Those are the rules. I don't break Marcel's rules." Her face was stern, fearful.

A look of interest made its way to Klaus' face, recognizing the name immediately. "Marcel's rules?" A smirk returned to his features. "Where do you suppose I might find Marcel?"

"There's a karaoke bar. It's called My Bar at 365. He spends most of his days there, it's where all the tourists hang around."

The hybrid smirked. "Thank you for your help."

He stood up within an instant, disappearing away from the witch before beginning to search for the bar.

──✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ──

((back to normal pov heh))

"This is why you brought me here?  To get me to take down Marcel?" 

I let out a breath of relief as I heard his voice, the grip on my forearm hardening as I tried to speed up. 

"Hear them out."

I heard Klaus chuckle."I don't need to hear her out. I assure you, love, there is not a thing on this earth that will matter enough for me to waste even thirty more seconds of my time listening to this when there are more trying matters at hand. Elijah, what madness is this?"

I was shoved into the room. "Nik?"

He turned to look at me, tears reaching his eyes. "Amity." Klaus walked towards me, the man with a grip on my arm pulling me away from him. He looked angered before turning to Sophie. "What do you want?"

"My sister gave her life to perform a spell on Amity. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us. If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Amity won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress."

I looked at Sophie in panic. "I'm sorry, what?!" 

Klaus took a step towards Sophie. "So I'll go kill Marcel right now! Give me my girl."

"No. We can't, not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow, and there are rules."

I watched Klaus' face turn dark. "How dare you command me!" He raised his hand to the witch's throat, pushing her against the wall as he choked her.

I scratched at my throat, my airway being closed as I struggled for air. Elijah was over to me in an instant. "Niklaus stop it they're linked."

He turned to look at me, watching me struggle for a moment before dropping the witch. He was over to me in a moment, holding my face in his hands. I took a deep breath before he spoke. "Are you okay?" I nodded slightly before he turned to face Sophie. "What do I need to do?"

──✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ──