chapter 13

Shinsou and I sat in the room awkwardly. We would catch each other looking at one another then quickly looking away.

  "How are you feeling? " he asked me. He looked at the wall behind me while he rubbed the back of his neck.

  "I'm doing okay I guess.." He just nodded at my reply. Then there was more awkward silence.

  "I got you something, it was my idea to get a gift but Kenji gave me the idea. He said you would like it. Don't know why this one but" he just shrugged and didn't bother finishing his sentence before he handed me a taped up comic book. My eyes teared up a bit and I chuckled when I saw it was my old gambit comic book. Every single piece was taped in the exact spot. I flipped through all the pages. I saw some with little gaps in the page but I think it's the best present I have gotten in a while.

  "Thank you so much! This is amazing, one of the best." He looked confused.

  "Why are you so happy about a taped comic book?"

  "Kenji used to bully me alllll the time in middle school. This was my favorite comic before he tore it all up in front of me." I explained. He kind of looked pissed.

  "He used to bully you?"

  "Yeah but that's all in the past. I don't hold very many grudges. Plus his parents were villians, so I don't really blame him. " after that he stayed quiet. He didn't really know what to say.

  After about 20-30 minutes of small talk with shinsou, present mic and my friends all showed up with food. I was so happy to finally eat something. I have been thinking about food since they left. We all started eating some ramen. Everyone started talking and making jokes while they all sat around my bed. Denki was making jokes, sero was just vibing, Mina was making fun of denki, Kiri and bakugo were talking then present mic, shinsou and I were having small talk. There were so many things I learned about those two, it made me feel better having all these people here with me. I felt comfortable... Loved... Cared for... Happy even. Even being in so much pain this is moment will forever be treasured.

  Three hours go by and everyone started to leave. Shinsou and I were once again the only ones in the room.

  "Hey.. I know this is kind of sudden or random even but... Can I.. Have your number? I like talking with you. It's easy. Usually I try avoiding conversations but I guess you're different." He asked.

  "Different eh? " I raised a brow with a little smirk.

  "I-In a good way of course!" I just chuckled.

  "I'm just giving you a hard time." He sighed and chuckled a bit.

  "But you still never answered my question." I handed him my phone and he put his number in then I gave him mine. "Alright. Well I should head home before my parents start wondering where I am. "

  "Probably... Text me when you get there?" I asked

  "Sure."

  After he left I ended up falling asleep. I was excited to go to school tomorrow. Yes I'll be wearing a heavy duty back brace so I don't rip my stitches, but I get to see everyone I care about. And that makes me happy.

  I opened my eyes only to be surrounded by that black and purple smoke. I started to panic as the face appear above me.

  "Hello child.... Do you remember me?" I couldn't speak. So all I could do was nod my head. "Good.. My name is kurogiri and I am a member of the league of villains. Now what is your name?"

  "W-why..." I finally was able to speak over the nervousness.

  "Because.. The league has taken an interest of you and your brother."

  "Go f-f-f*ck yourself." I stuttered out.

  "What an interesting child. Terrified but still fighting back." When I couldn't move my body my, I realized I was in a dream. I forced myself awake and quickly looked around. I took a few deep breaths before looking at the time. It read 3:27 AM. I sighed and decided to carefully walk over to the bathroom so I could take a shower. I had dried blood around the stitches. After getting undressed carefully and slowly I looked at myself in the mirror. I gently ran my fingers along the stitches and some of the bruises surrounding it. Then I turned around to look at my back. More bruising and small cuts then the front but that's alright. I turned the water on but made sure it wasn't too hot to where it would sting. I got washed up and sat down on a chair in the bath because if I were to sit on the ground it would hurt too much to get back up. I sat there for what felt like hours just letting the water run over me before getting out and wrapping a towel around my waist. It was 5 in the morning about two hours before class. Right before I was going to change back into the hospital clothes I heard the door open. I didn't freak out or anything because I still had my towel on. Katsuki, Kiri, kami, Mina, and sero all walking in with a few bags of food, cough cough McDonald cough cough, and Sero was holding a pair of clothes. One of my white button ups and faded blue jeans that had rips in the knees. Recovery girl had told them that the best thing to wear would be a button up shirt so it had less of a chance to irritate the stitches. I got dressed while everyone face the wall. I looked at the back brace on the table next to my bed but didn't bother to put it on.

  I walked over to the table with everyone else, and Mina walking next to me for support, so we could eat our breakfast together. We all talked and laughed at ridiculous jokes and stories. I looked at my phone to see some of the texts from shinsou wishing me well and good night. I forgot that I told him to text me. I replied to him, finally, apologizing for not answering sooner. Surprisingly he was already awake and texted back.

Purple guy- how'd you sleep?

Me- okay I guess. Hbu?

Purple guy- I slept fine

Me- that's good 😄

  Mina peeked over my shoulder.

  "Who are you textiiiing" she said while leaning closer to read the texts.

  "A friend."

  "A boyfriend?" Kaminari asked with a stupid face.

  "No not-" I got cut off by Sero.

  "Yet?" I rolled my eyes at them and everyone else laughed. We looked at the time and decided to head to class. Mina stayed by my side for support even though I told her she didn't have to, but she insisted. Katsuki came up behind me and stopped me. I was confused until he handed me my back brace. I sighed and put it on. It helped relieve some of the pain from walking, only because I slouch a bit, but Mina still stayed by my side. We did have all the same classes so she didn't mind. We made it to our first class... Homeroom. We were all surprised to see mr aizawa was into the class covered in bandages. Except his eyes. Class went on as usual and he told us about the sports festival. He explained what it's for, even though almost everyone already knew, then proceeded to take a nap.

  "This sounds... Fun"

I didn't notice aizawa walk over to me but I was surprised when he told me.

  "Y/n I need to speak to you in the Hall please."

_________________

Dun dun duuuuuuuun

Sorry for the wait. I am very slow at updating im sorryyyyy