Chapter 8

I woke up  in my bed in my dorm, and rolled over to see Anne fast asleep. I checked my phone and the time was 7:23.

I checked around to look for traces of last night. But there wasn't any. I was immediately confused. I woke Anne up.

"W-what  is it?"

"Anne, what happened last night?"

She sat up to face me.

"What do you mean?"

"After the party."

"Party? Jessica, we didn't go to a party."

"WHAT?! Are you kidding me?!" I moaned and flopped down beside Anne and buried my face in her pillow.

"Jessica, what's wrong?"

"I had a really, really nice dream" I muttered, my voice cracking as if I was on the verge of tears. " and SHINee were there, and it was just really enjoyable."

I heard Anne sigh before saying, " Jess, you came in buzzing about the fact you heard Key and Jonghyun in the shower room and then you pretty much passed out"

"Urggggggggggg" 

"Well, tell me your dream then!" Anne urged me.

***

"Okay, I completely understand your annoyance. I would feel the same as you in this situation."

"It was so real though. Real to the point I feel awkward thinking about it"

"That would be pretty awesome though. I should start nagging my uncle about parties in the future" She said teasing me.

I got off her bed and strode to my closet.

"I'll just, get changed or something" I muttered.

"But, Jess, we don't have any classes today. They got cancelled last night because of our professors being sick"

"Oh yeah." I said turning to look at her.

I sat on the floor and crossed my legs.

"You want to do something then?" I suggested.

"Hmm" Anne put her thinking face on while sitting up and throwing her legs over the side of  her bed.. "We could go to out hideaway" she smirked.

There was an old library that hardly anyone uses just off campus. It's humongous and we hardly ever go, because it takes twenty minutes to get there and there are libraries on campus, so we only go on our free days. But there is a little ice-cream, milkshake place hidden away right at the back of it, on the bottom floor, which is underground. We love it because you can get a milkshake or an ice-cream or something to eat and sit with a book and chill out.

We gave eachother a knowing look as to agree and we began getting ready. I decided to go with comfy clothes so I chose burgandy skinny jeans with a baby blue button up shirt. I tucked the shirt un and grabbed an oversized cream knitted jumper and put it over the top, putting the collar of the shirt over the neckline of the jumper. I got out some frilly socks and tan brogues. I love the way the socks overlap over the brogues a little. I left my hair naturally as it was in loose curls and did very light makeup. I did light coverage on my skin with a little pink blush. I put a tiny bit of shimmer on my eyelids and coated my eyelashes in mascara, making them look extremely long. I combed through my eyebrows and put some clear lip balm on. 

I grabbed my brown satchel and put my laptop inside, so I could do some school work if I needed to when I got there, as they don't have computers in the library. I looked at Anne to see if she was ready and she was waiting by the door. I grabbed my keys and we went out to my car.

It was raining super heavily, or else we would  have just walked.

We arrived at the library and went inside. We began to wonder about a little togther, browsing the books. I found one that looked really pretty. It was very large and when I read the blurb, I was relieved to see it was written in English. It was a classic story of forbidden love. I put the book in my bag, when Anne's phone went off. She answered it;

"Hello? Hey....  Uh, I'm actually-.... Now?... I'm kind of-... Uh alright, for how long?.... That long? Are you sure? ... Um, okay." she hung up and I looked at her waiting for a reply.

"Jess that was my mother. She said that she had a designer come into our store today and she asked to meet the designer of my garments! I have to fly home, as soon as possible! She said they want to offer me a job!" 

"That's great news Anne!" I whisper shouted, so as not to disturb the empty library.

"Can I take your car back to the dorm? I need to  get there as soon as possible and pack! I'll leave your keys by your bed!"

"Sure!" I said giving her my car key. "I'll just get a cab back later"

"Okay" she said smiling at me. I pulled her into a hug "have fun, and good luck! I'll miss you." She said the same as she left. It was only 9am so I decided I would go ahead and stay at the library all day as I had planned. 

I turned around walking towards the very back of the library.I ordered a hot chocolate and sat in the corner on one of the large cushioned couches. I set my hot chocolate on the arm of the chair and pulled out the book I had lifted earlier.  I put my bag beside me as I curled up in the corner of the sofa, putting my music  in and turning it up to almost full volume  as I read the book.

I was completely engrossed. As it was an older novel, they used a very formal way of speaking, which only seemed to add to the romance. It was a strange contrast to the Kpop I had blasting through my ears though.