Chapter 20

I was just staring out of the window, my mind was completely empty for once, and I was just thinking about nothing. 

"Can I turn on the radio?" I asked, smiling at Onew. He just nodded, not taking his eyes off the road. A single nod, no smile, no facial gesture,no other movement and no noise.

"Thanks" I mumbled as I pressed the on button to the radio. I couldn't stop laughing when I turned it on. Why? Well, because Ring Ding Dong had literally just started. I looked at Onew and he had a pink flush on his cheeks.

"Aw, back in the day" I sang while teasing him. Then came his first solo in the song;

"I mean I'm not a cool guy

Not a kind guy,

Not a guy like that

but I'm about to be a decent bad boy"

I giggled more.

"What?" he said, huffing.

"Nothing" I sang back to him. I decided I would keep it from him a little longer. He just scoffed in return.

"Someone's grumpy" I pouted at him as the car came to a halt. I turned to get out of the car. If he's going to be grumpy then I don't want to be the one he takes it out on. I didn't say anything hurtful.

"Jessica, wait-" he began. I knew he wanted to open the car door for me, but I just continued to get out and enter my dorm building after slamming the door behind me.

I heard another door slam after and the car lock.  I walked towards the stairs because I didn't feel like being trapped in an elevator with an unusually grumpy Jinki. So I climbed the stairs and opened the door, walking down to my dorm door. 

I fished my keys out of my bag, as I heard the elevator ding. I opened the door as I heard footsteps getting closer.  I went in and threw my stuff on the floor and lay on the bed.

"Sugar" I said to myself.

The dress. I forgot to get it, at the store. I groaned out loud to myself, as I began to get up. I heard footsteps enter the room and the door shut as I shuffled around gathering my things.

"Why are you getting ready to leave again?" I heard his voice say, still showing irritation. Irritation? Why? What did I do?

"I forgot something at the store" I mumbled, reaching underneath the bed to reach the keys that had skidded out of my bag.

"What was it?" 

"The outfit" I mumbled. "I don't know how I managed to do it. Taemin just decided to dance around me and Minho lifted me out of the store and then Jongyhun and Key took me away and it was silly of me to forget. Then my mind was too occupied because you had just disappeared and nobody would tell me where you went.It was silly of me. I'll just call a cab. Thanks for dropping me here." I said pulling my phone out of my bag.

I was about to dial  the number when my phone was taken from my hands.

"Yah! What are you doing" I pouted. "Stop acting so grumpy. What did I do?" I said, dropping my bag and folding my arms. He just scratched the back of his neck.

"Here" he said holding out a black shopping back towards me with white tissue paper spilling out of it. My eyes widened, as I recognised the logo, as it was the store the dress was from and the shoes paired with it. 

"Thankyou" I said, taking the bag. I placed it on the bed and pulled the dress out admiring it and the shoes.Those shoes were too beautiful for words. I smiled and layed everything out neatly on the bed. I hurridly picked my bag up again and rumaged through it, pulling out my purse. I knew the dress and shoes were not cheap, but I thought they were worth the investment and they were truely stunning, so I didn't mind. I had a little money tucked away anyway so it didn't matter. I began counting out the money for the dress.

"Jessica what are you doing?"

"I'm paying you back." I said smiling.

He scurried towards me; "No no no no no-" He mumbled shaking his head and stopping my hands from continuing. "It's a gift, from me"

"Onew, don't be ridicu-"

"Please accept it" He said, now looking at me as if he could see into my soul. 

"Uh, ah- I uhm. Ok-ay, thankyou" I mumbled and nodded slowly.

"I'm not mad or grumpy. I was just nervous. In case you got offended at my gesture. I got the hyungs to distract you so that I could buy you the gifts" He stated, while I looked to the floor to attempt to hide my blushing cheeks. "You didn't take one of them out of the bag" He mumbled and I heard him move past me, and reach into the bag. I lifted my head to see him holding a box. I looked back to the floor incase he was to turn around and look at me. I could hear him taking footsteps back towards me. Suddenly his arms came over me and he was fastening something behind my neck. He placed his arms on my shoulders and walked me over to the body mirror I had in my dorm. 

It was a wishbone necklace. Being Onew, of course it was chicken related. But it was still beautiful. White gold with diamonds upon it.

"Onew, this is too much" I mumbled. 

"Never" he chuckled at me.

What is breathing?

"I - I have no idea how to thankyou enough."

"I do" he said, snaking his hands around me from behind, placing his lips onto my shoulder, just to rest his head there as he avoided looking at me in the mirror.

"What is it?" I said, cocking my head to the side. He raised his head and turned his head so he was facing me, but I was watching him do it in the mirror. 

"What were you laughing at in the car earlier? When my I sang my part in our song?"

"Oh, that..."