Chapter 34

Monday

Piper's POV

'How was your date with Finn?' is the first thing I hear when I enter studio A.

I look up to see Richelle and Summer stretching beside each other, both looking at me expectantly.

'Oh, it was amazing!', I cheer, beginning to tell the two all the details.

Kenzie enters the main doors, dumps her bags in a cube and rushes over to me. 'Piper! How was the date?'

'It was incredible!', I respond. I pause and decide to restart the story since Kenzie is now here.

'I was about to lean in, and then Finn pegged a grape at my face!', I exclaim.

All the girls burst out laughing. 'Oh Finn', Richelle sighs.

Lily enters the room and runs up to me. 'How was Saturday, Piper?'

I sigh. I should have known that this would happen. I start the story for the third time in a row. Amy joins us half way through, but I don't go back to the beginning because she already knows everything.

'About time you guys went on a date!', Kenzie says. 'You two have been smitten since, uh, forever. Well, at least Finn has', Kenzie laughs.

'So what's your ship name?', Lily asks.

'Huh?', I mumble.

'Your ship name! You know, when you smush your names-'

'Yeah, yeah, I know what a ship name is', I state, maybe a little too harshly.

'Well it could be Fiper...', Summer ponders, '...or Pinn'.

'Ooh, I like the sound of Pinn!', Lily cheers.

'Yeah me too, it's got a nice ring to it!', Kenzie adds.

'I've already called them Pinn!', Amy reveals, making all of us laugh and taking me back to when I told Amy that I like Finn.

'Pinn! Pinn! Pinn!', Lily begins to chant. Amy soon joins in.

Summer starts chanting and so does Kenzie. Richelle rolls her eyes, but she joins in as well.

Oh gosh, this feels just like all my friends singing Happy Birthday to me.

Finn's POV

'So... Pinn has finally set sail!', Henry cheers as we walk through The Next Steep to get to rehearsal.

'Pinn?', I question, bewildered.

'Yeah. Piper, Finn – Pinn!', Henry chirps.

'Ahh right, so I guess we have a ship name now!'

As we walk up the stairs, I start to hear some chanting. It's pretty faint, so I'm not sure what it's about. We reach the top, walk along the hallway and the chanting gets louder. Eventually it is loud enough that I can hear the word. Pinn.

They're chanting about us.

'I guess you weren't the only one who thought of that ship name', I laugh.

'I may have talked to Amy about it', Henry confesses.

As Henry and I walk through the doors of Studio A, we see all the A-troupe girls pumping their fists in the air and chanting. I put my bags down, sneering.

Piper's POV

Lily closes her mouth and stares wide-eyed into thin air, whacking Richelle and Amy simultaneously with her arms.