Chapter 50

Finn's POV

I hastily unlock my phone and press the call button.

'Amy! Is Piper still in the shower?', I greet.

'Yeah...', she mumbles sadly.

'I have an idea. But I'm going to need all of A-troupe's help', I explain.

'What is it?', Amy asks, hopeful.

'If you come to my room, I can explain.'

'I'm already on my way', she says. I grin.

Knock, knock, knock.

'Hey', I say softly when I open the door, gesturing her inside. She sits on a chair in the corner of the room and I retrieve the notepad from my bed. I grab a chair and place it near her, sitting down.

After opening back to the most recent page, I hand it to Amy so she can read it.

She grins. 'Piper told me about your stargazing date. It sounded amazing. This must be about her.'

I nod. 'It might not just be a poem though', I say.

'What do you mean?', she eyes at me curiously.

Time to tell her the plan.

*

'What are we waiting for?', Amy exclaims. 'Let's do it!'

'Awesome!', I chirp.

Amy starts texting. After a minute, my phone dings. I unlock my phone to see that it's a message in the group chat that Piper isn't in.

Amy: Piper's still really not in a good state, and if she still feels the way she does tomorrow, she won't be able to even dance. But Finn's just come up with a plan. We're going to need every single one of you – please come to Finn and Henry's room right now!'

'Thanks', I say, looking up at Amy who grins. I'm glad she acted so quickly.

A-troupe members start to arrive in pairs. First, there's Henry and Summer, who were hanging out in the lounge area. Next comes Lily and Kingston, followed by (to my great surprise) Ozzy and Heath. Kenzie and Richelle join soon after. Finally, Josh arrives alone.

I explain my idea to everyone. 'I'm thinking it would be cool if there was a literal 'little fish, big fish, cardboard box' as well, but I don't know how I'd make it', I ponder out loud.

Kenzie grabs the tissues box that sits on my bedside table, shakes it, and examines the inside. 'This is almost empty', she says, before plunging her hand into the box, retrieving all the tissues and putting them down. She hands the tissue box to me. 'There you go, a cardboard box. You're already halfway there.'

'Brilliant!', I cheer. 'But how can I get fish on them?'

'You'll have to draw them on, obviously', Richelle says, rolling her eyes.

'You'd still see the tissue box pattern if you just drew on it', Amy points out.

'You need to paint on it', Ozzy concludes.

'But how? I highly doubt any of us just happens to have paint in our luggage', Lily states.

'True', Henry says, sighing.

Summer bolts upright. 'There's an art store just a few streets away! Henry and I passed it on the way back from the medical centre.'

'True!', Henry chimes in. 'It's probably, say, a 10-minute walk away, would you say Summer?'