Chapter 54

A/N: when writing this, I realised the chapter would be super long if I wanted to include everything in one chapter, so I decided to split into two. This is officially the second last chapter. The last chapter will come out on Tuesday, as well as a bonus chapter with important announcements, so make sure to keep your eyes peeled for that! 😊

Onto the chapter!

Piper's POV

'Nick's up to level 17?', Josh shrieks.

'Yeah, you should have been there!', Ozzy exclaims. Simeon Blob kept on coming out of the tunnel and trapping the character, but Nick forgot 10 times in a row! Eventually he caught on and figured it out!'

'But the way he defeated Simeon Blob was pretty epic', Finn points out.

'Agreed', Henry says.

Heath and Kenzie simultaneously submerge their hands into a salt and vinegar chip packet. Ozzy breaks off his third row of chocolate.

'Turn the music up!', Amy requests, while dancing alongside Lily and Summer in the few metres of floor space that we have in Richelle and Kenzie's hotel room.

I remain seated on one of the beds and sigh. How does everyone have so much energy after all the rehearsals?

When the beat drops, we all sing, 'WE LIVE TO TELL THE STORY! WE LIVE TO SHINE THE LIGHT OF DAY!'

The door bursts open. 'Quiet!', Emily shouts, giving us an unimpressed look. 'It's 10pm! Go to bed!'

Ozzy begins to interject, '10pm isn't that late-'

'It is for the night before a nationals finals performance! Besides, you shouldn't be partying too hard yet! Tomorrow's not going to be easy. Now, I'm going to stand here until you're all out.'

Everyone stares at Emily, stunned.

'Out!', she shrieks, pointing her arm towards the door.

Slowly, dancers sigh, get up, and begin to walk out the door. I have to admit that I'm actually a little relieved. With all the rehearsals, performances and partying, I feel like I'm on the verge of getting a headache.

After showering and brushing my teeth in my hotel room, I plop onto my bed. I look over to Amy, who sits up straight. I reach over to turn my lamp off when she mumbles, 'Piper?'

'Yeah?', I respond.

'I'm sorry', she says.

I quickly heave myself up into a sitting position and furrow my eyebrows. 'What do you have to apologise about?'

'You've been through so much in the past 2 years, and I've been pretty distant. All I've done is focus on myself and my problems that are insignificant in comparison – not being a featured dancer and trying to get over Henry. I'm sorry for not being there for you. This year or last.'

'Amy, what are you talking about?!', I shriek.

'Finn was there for you when I wasn't. And it's great that you two are so close. That you know you can always confide in him. You know that you can also always talk to me, right?', she asks.

'Of course!', I exclaim.

Wait. Is she jealous?

Amy's POV

I can't tell Piper that I'm jealous.

Finn and Piper are pretty much as close as two people can get. Piper and I used to be really close, but now I'm not so sure. Nowadays, whenever there's something on her mind, she always turns to Finn first.