『10』Wιтн × Tнє × Sιℓνєяєттє

Time does fly by fast. It was already the last night before the end of their one-week stay in Zevil Island. Killua, together with Rinna just finished wandering around to look for the girl's target.

Lady luck seemed to be smiling down upon them. They had found her target just right before the sun settled. They didn't even break a sweat when they snatched his tag. The man himself was knocked out before he could even realize his failure in the exam is set.

Rinna has acquired tag number 390. She holds it, throwing it onto the air. "Finally have this. " She said as she caught the tag.

"Don't you dare throw that again." Killua looked over her, precisely on the tag on her hand. He won't ever let her do anything stupid anymore, not on his watch.

Rinna looked at him raising her brow, "Of course I won't. It's my target."

"All of this wouldn't have happened if you just kept that tag," Killua stated as he sat down on the ground. 

They've been aimlessly walking around but that's not what makes him exhausted. It's his companion's idiocy. "What would you do if we never found him?"

"Nothing, I'll fail that way," Rinna replied sitting down beside him.

His eye twitched in irritation just hearing this girl's reply. Not just her words, her tone alone is irritating. His eyes narrowed down as he turned to her. "Listen here, if that did happen I'll also fail."

The brunette could only tilt her head to the side, the loose strands of her head following. "Huh? Why would you fail?"

The silver-haired boy could only grind his teeth together. Explaining things are tiresome but not as tiresome as waking her up after not having a full eight hours of sleep. "If you fail, I fail. I told you didn't I? It'll be lame if you failed with me as your companion." He stated. His ocean blue eyes looking at her blackish-blue ones.

"Then if I pass, you pass. What if you fail?"

A vein popped out his head. This girl is looking down on him. "There's no way I'll fail. Just who do you think I am!?"

"You're Killua, my companion," Rinna replied, a smile up her lips. Her features illuminated under the moonlight.

Killua looked at her. That's not what he's talking about and her smiling face is not helping at all. He is more than capable of passing this exam. Hailing from the lineage of an elite family and not just any elite family for they are assassins, the challenges here are nothing but a subtle breeze that's passing by.

'Come to think of it, she doesn't know about that yet.' He thought. How could he forget, this girl wasn't with them when his secret was shown to the others.

He let out a sigh as his tensed shoulders loosened a bit. "Katrina, what do you think about murder?"

Rinna's breathing halted for a moment. The chirping of the crickets as well as the rustling of the bushes caused by some wild animal seemed to have gotten louder. Much noticeable with the silence looming over the two.

"Ah..." She finally opened her mouth to get out of the silence. Her head lowered a bit as her blackish-blue eyes looked down the ground, observing the structure of a fallen leaf. "Not great, I guess."

Killua noticed this of course, her bloodlust is leaking out a bit. It's quite obvious she's holding it back but miserably failed to do so. He must have triggered an unpleasant memory. The tension is becoming more and more uncomfortable for the two.

"What about murderers?" He asked. It was obvious from her response earlier on what she thinks of them. Yet here he is who just asked. It's true alright, that sometimes one can't even understand oneself.