Chapter One: fallen

~Zak's Pov~

...Where am I..?

I slowly open my eye to a shining white room, so bright that if I had opened my eyes faster, I probably would have blinded myself. But despite the brightness, my eyes didn't seem to hurt, I just slowly blinked as I took in this unfamiliar place.

"Greeting, Zak."

I spin around, looking for anywhere that echo-y voice may have come from. I am simply met with a blank, white room with every turn.

"Do not be afraid little one." The voice continued.

"Who are you?! Where are you?! And where am I..?" My voice started as a shout, but slowly fell to a whisper as a sinking feeling set in. I had no clue where I was, no idea how to get back... to... where was it..?

I shake my head, as if I was trying to clear it. Trying to remember any sliver of what happened to get me here. What had I been doing? When my mind drew a blank, I let out a frustrated shout. This didn't seem to please the being who was talking to me.

"Calm yourself little one, you mustn't be upset. I simply cannot answer all the question that you have. All I can say, is that your time has come, and it is now time for you to make a choice."

"The fuck do you mean, 'Make a choice'?!" I yell in my frustration, and confusion. My time has come? What kind of bullshit is this guy trying to get at?

"You must choose. In a few moments, you will be allowed to chose between sending yourself to the eternal fields that are located in heaven, or a place that I dare not speak of to a mortal soul."

Heaven..? 

Does that mean I'm dead..? I mean, I guess even thought I can't remember much, I do have a feeling I did some pretty stupid shit while I was alive. I guess all that caught up to me, huh?

That didn't stop my body from giving a massive shudder. I can't be dead. I feel so young! I had so much I wanted to do with my life... I think... to be honest, I don't remember enough to make that call.

"Are you prepared to choose?" The voice asked, to which I slowly nodded, even though my brain was screaming the exact opposite. I wasn't ready to send myself away, no matter how great heaven might be.

The room suddenly went dark, and then two pedestals appeared in front of me.

On the first one, there was a glowing, golden orb of light, that made me feel safe in its presence.

On the other, was a ball of fire that begged me to get closer, and yet screamed for me to stay back.

What did the voice say..? Heaven or... somewhere they didn't want to talk about?

I decide to turn around, just to see if I could escape the choice. Maybe I could go back to being whoever I was in the life I was living before!

But instead of being met with a third choice, one too good to be true, I was met with thousands of pairs of bright red eye, that, in their silence, screamed at me to choose.

I was appalled at the sight and stumbled backwards, to the point where I was standing between the pillars.

Now pressured to choose 'right', I angled myself towards the golden orb, and began to reach out to it... before stopping myself and drawing my hand back.

Wait a minute, since when do I let random pairs of eyes control what I choose? You know, that's exactly what peer-pressure is, and while they might have gotten to me when I was alive, or may have influenced so many other people, what can they do to me now? I'm dead after all.

With that, I turn back to look at these terrifying eye entities as I reach up for the ball of fire.

I stop myself right before I grab it, the heat from the orb feeling like nothing as the eyes stare daggers at me.

With a final smirk as I flip them off, I grab the fiery orb.

~Auther's note~

Oh my goodness, I actually did it!

Ive been wanting to write this for some time, so any support is appreciated!

Let me know what you think of the story please, as I enjoy writing and any feedback is amazing!

I hope you all enjoy reading this, and I will try to upload updates as soon and as frequently as possible.

This is my first time using Wattpad to write so I hope I don't screw this up.

Make sure to stay hydrated lovelies.