Chapter 17: Head Start

~Skeppy's pov~

I slowly open my eyes to find that I am still wearing my box over my head. Not only that, but it's lopsided.

Goddamn it... Why can I never remember to take it off before I go to sleep?

I slowly begin to push it up, before pulling it back down as I remember what happened the previous night and the reason I didn't take it off.

Suddenly, I become aware of a mass of fabric I have locked in my solid, right hand, as I adjust my box to look up at the demon, my friend, who was sitting on my bed.

"Bad?" I yawn, as I lift my head and sit up, releasing his sleeve and pulling away from him.

The demon's eye, which were initially half open, immediately snap open, wide awake and alert.

"Bad, what are you doing in here?" I ask as I looked up at him. He looked... tired.

"You grabbed my sleeve when I brought you back to your room. I didn't want to wake you so I just sat here all night." Bad answered, any hint of tiredness beginning to fade from his face.

"Well... while you're here, do you have any other clothes that would fit me?"

Bad stood up, and then turned to walk out the door as he called back to me.

"Yeah, I probably have something in my room. Give me a minute."

As he walked out the door, I was left to wonder... Why does Bad own clothes that aren't even close to his size?

Unless...

No way. That's so stupid...

I have to ask him. I really hope I'm wrong about this one.

Bad re-entered my room, carrying a pile of neatly folded clothes, with a few carefully balanced potions on top.

As he sets the pile down next to me, on my bed sheets, I work up the nerve to ask him.

"Hey, Bad..?"

"Hm?"

"I was just wondering... why do you own clothes that are like... fourteen sizes too small for you?"

"That is... an oddly specific number..." Bad commented, before continuing with his signature grin, "Oh, and it's because they were mine when I was a kid, they just don't fit me anymore."

With that, my face heats up as I grab one of my pillows and slam it into my covered face, accidentally disrupting the neat stack of clothes.

I don't care. My worst fears have been confirmed.

"Uhhh... Skeppy, are you okay..?"

"nO! Just Leave!"

"Alright... I'll be waiting for you outside. I have an important chore I need to get done today, and I think you would really enjoy coming along!"

"Okay... Now Go!"

I wait until I hear the door shut to slowly let the pillow fall away from me. I pull my box off my head, and the place my still gloved left hand over my burning face.

That's so embarrassing...

I draw my hand away from my face, and then turn to examine the clothes and potions Bad brought into my room.

Most of the tunics were long sleeved, which is a huge relief. There were several tunics, belts, and pairs of pants, all of which looked like they would fit me pretty well. There were a few different colored cloaks, not nearly as many as everything else, but there was a notable amount.