Chapter 22: What Are You Hiding?

~Bad's pov~

I quietly slip my door shut, after returning to my from from cleaning up the mess downstairs.

Something strange is beginning to happen, and I don't quite know what it is...

For example, the cavern incident that he doesn't want to talk about... and now this...

The water I had to clean up was full of a very fine glitter, and Skeppy wasn't wearing anything sparkly.

As I walk over to my desk, I pause, the grab something from under my bed. After, I proceed over to my desk, heavily leaning on it for support.

I look at the item I had pulled from under my bed. Or rather, items...

The shattered mask still resembled the pattern that will alway make me nervous. The chilling shape of the broken XD was enough to make me want to leave the room.

I roll up on of my long sleeve, disabling any shadow magic I had been using for the last few months.

I don't think he has ever forgiven me for breaking it.

What did he expect me to do though? I was young, and he was becoming aggressive! I fired back in self defense... I only did it in self defense...

I trace the thin lines that lace my arms. The scars that I can hid, but will never fade. The scars that show my defiance to him.

XD is smart. He knows he can't kill me. 

At least, not yet. I haven't done anything wrong.

I'm actually far more worried about what he is going to do to Skeppy. He already doesn't like Niki because she associates herself with me, and she has been nothing but kind and respec-

A cold wave of realization hits me.

XD can never find out Skeppy has a magic connection. It would make his urge to take him even stronger.

On top of that, Skeppy also doesn't seem to realize it. That's a lethal combination, in a mixture for trouble.

It's late, and Skeppy is asleep, but I still feel like I need to ask him about what happened. Human souls shouldn't be able to do the things he's done...

All I know for now though, it's that we're seeing Niki tomorrow, and that my sleeve will be the only thing hiding my scars.

I close my heavy eyes, only to open them again as the familiar, green X flashes crossed my dark vision.

Sighing to myself, I walk over to a mirror in the corner of my room... and just... stare myself in the eyes.

I've always hated how I look. Or, at least, for as long as I've known XD.

It makes me wish I was born with a halo, instead of these terrible horns. Maybe then he would like me...

Actually, does he even like anyone? I guess he would tolerate me then, unlike what he does now.

It's a curse, a curse that only a god and Niki could see past.

That is, until him...

Skeppy may have been a little bit weary of me at first, but since then, he has entirely flipped my world upside-down.

For once, I felt like someone outside of Death's Guard had seen past my curse. It made me feel more wanted...

Heck, it even made me like my appearance better!

But that has taken a toll on me as well...

I've been expending so much magic and energy keeping him safe, not begin able to recharge with sleep...

"Bad..?"

I look over to see my door opening, and my small friend standing there.

"Can you come sit with me... I had a-"

"Nightmare?"

When his box bobbed up and down, and shared a sympathetic gaze.

"I get them too. Of course I'll sit with you."

From now until forever...

~Author time~

Hello lovelies!

Sorry for the short chapter, I just felt like Bad needed something, maybe casting further insight on him and XD's relationship.

So, how are you guys?

Make sure to be giving yourselves breaks, and not being overly critical of yourselves.

Take care darlings!

<3