Bucky: Part 6

You felt the breath leave you as you stumbled forward collecting some of the dust in your hands and tears falling to your cheeks.
"Where did he go?" I whispered, tears coming down. "Steve, where did he go?" I asked, looking up at him, he gulped looking down at the dust as I did.
"We didn't win." Steve replied.
"We didn't win? Since when did you not win?" I asked, tears clouding my eyes, and Steve opened his mouth to say something and I shook my head, standing up and using my arm to wipe tears away holding some of the dust in my hand before turning to walk away.
"Y/n, wait up." Steve said, and I shook my head.
"Don't worry about me." I said, "He was you're best friend."
"And he loved you." Steve replied as you held the dust tightly in his hand. "He loved you a lot, Y/n."
"How many other people are gone?" I asked, my eyes glimmering as he looked back and he sighed.
"Half of the population. Of the universe." Steve said, and I swallowed looking down.
"Okay." I breathed out before continuing to walk, holding the dust in my hand and walking to wear his tent use to be, and walking and sitting down in his blankets.
I could've said something, I could've said I loved him before he was gone. I should've, but he said that they usually win, their the avengers, they don't lose. But they lost, and he was gone. He was gone again, more tears came down my cheeks, and I sucked in a breath and shook my head.
I've lost a lot in my life, but I never thought I'd lose him again. He was here, for so long, and we were together for so long, and I've loved him for so long.
Weeks went by, and more lives were counted as wrong, Steve and Natasha preswayed you to leave the tent, bringing his things along. You wished he didn't wear his dog tags, that maybe that would still be here. But he wore them like a extra limb.
When we got back to Avenger's location, I had a room and unpacked. Tony and Nebula were brought here, by Captain Marvel, and the new mission was to kill Thanos.
"Y/n." Steve said, knocking on your door and I looked up.
"Yeah?" I asked.